• 5(current)
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?
So if you navigate through the OS folders via videos > files, can you see them at the OS level there?

I'm not talking about under add videos, but direct file/folder navigation. Also can you try similar under the Kodi file manager and see if they are accessible via that route?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-24, 15:03)DarrenHill Wrote: So if you navigate through the OS folders via videos > files, can you see them at the OS level there?

I'm not talking about under add videos, but direct file/folder navigation. Also can you try similar under the Kodi file manager and see if they are accessible via that route?

Ok so on my shield I go to the settings, device, storage, then I map the network share. I have it setup using a username/password. 
-On Kodi 18.9, if I go to Videos, Files, I will see all the shares mounted on the shield. There is nothing else I have to do, I can browse them and start playing any media without issue.
-On Kodi 19.0, if I go to Videos, Files, I see nothing except Add Videos. Then in order to get the shares mapped I have to change the minimum smb client version from none to 1, map the share then via IP, manually enter the folder name as browsing doesn't work, type in the username/password and it mounts. Then I have the issues listed earlier like how videos will just stop playing after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and it will close out of the video interface back to the file browser in kodi. I tested this on a shield tv pro (2019) and a shield tv (2019) that are fully updated and both display the same behavior.
(2021-02-24, 15:03)DarrenHill Wrote: So if you navigate through the OS folders via videos > files, can you see them at the OS level there?

Another nvidia shield user here with OS mounted network storage. Videos > Files shows only the ".." and "Add Videos" items. Kodi's file manager shows only the Profile Directory and Add Source. I checked in a file browser app and my mounted network storage is visible automatically.

ImageImageImage
OK, clearer.

I'd expect this may be due to our required upgrade to the current Android SDK (by Googles request/mandate for inclusion into the Play Store), and is a bug.

My suggestion would be to raise a ticket in the bug tracker, although as we do not really have any active Android dev's at the moment it may take some time to get looked into.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-24, 16:09)DarrenHill Wrote: OK, clearer.

I'd expect this may be due to our required upgrade to the current Android SDK (by Googles request/mandate for inclusion into the Play Store), and is a bug.

My suggestion would be to raise a ticket in the bug tracker, although as we do not really have any active Android dev's at the moment it may take some time to get looked into.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16107

There was a bug raised in regards to his back in May 2019 and it was closed

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18832

This one was raised in Nov 2020 and is still open

So this has been an issue for quite some time but has not been addressed. I don't think adding another ticket would help address the issue. I guess this is expected though without having a dedicated developer for the android platform.
I already posted above... There are issues for this.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19023
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19021

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
hi!

is there any way to downgrade Kodi 19 matrix.. i wanna watch movies/series. after update (today) nothing works.. 

I am using kodi on sony TV (android), i have shared folders on my computer and now everything says: operation not permitted, nothing works.. 

I am no programer, cant understand most things u write in this topic.. is there any fast solution, to be as it was.. or how can i downgrade it?
I am adding new networks, as u wrote in some posts

Add ip, name od folder (dont have username and pw)

Still the same errorImageImage
(2021-02-25, 01:08)ddasd Wrote: I am adding new networks, as u wrote in some posts

Add ip, name od folder (dont have username and pw)

Still the same errorImageImage
I'm pretty sure SMB2 and 3 require user accounts to access folders (may be just a Windows thing).  You can easily try by making a simple user account with name and password of kodi/kodi and using that.
Don't worry about the security..
FIX it
System
services
SMB client
min protocol version SMBv1
max protocol version SMBv1

Watch TV and wait for the boys to get it sorted out.
nothing will get sorted out, unless people start providing a Debug Log of the issue of Android OS mounted shares not showing up.
We'll probably also need a logcat(android system log).
(2021-02-25, 08:15)wsnipex Wrote: nothing will get sorted out, unless people start providing a Debug Log of the issue of Android OS mounted shares not showing up.
We'll probably also need a logcat(android system log).

can someone give me step by step infos..
where to set passwords?
(2021-02-20, 16:03)XTMercenary Wrote: Same problem here.
Nvidia Shield upgraded to kodi 19 just now and now smb doesn't work.

tried doing a clean install.

Method I'm using for adding a share.

Add network location
Protocal smb
servername: I've tried hostname and ip both don't connect
shared folder: sharename
username:tried both "hostname\username" and just "username"
Password: my password.

Complete path looks like smb://hostname/sharename

All of this worked fine before the update.
Same Problem here also. With Nvidia Shield and not being able to reach my SMB NAS shares. I posted a reply on another Post.  SMB in Matirx appears broken on Android - can not browse shares. I tried both IP address and Host name with share name at no avail.

Latter what I did that worked to allow Matirx access the SMB shares:

1) settings > Services > SMB client: Set min protocol to SMBv1, set max protocol to SMBv1, select "use legacy protocols".
2) media > Music > library  > files > share - prompted me to reenter password. (note: share Host was previously defined by IP address)

All worked fine after this. I believe forcing to SMBv1 (min, max) and selecting legacy, was the answer - not sure, did not experiment further.

Hope this works for others too!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?0