• 1(current)
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?
Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix in the pipeline?
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB.

Apparently your old setup still used SMBv1. Although Kodi 18 already defaulted to SMBv2, and so does Kodi 19.

With SMBv2 and up, network browsing has been stopped (by Microsoft). So if you need to add new sources, use the "Add network lcoation.." option, and fill in all credentials INCL a password for the Windows user that shares your media files.
(2021-02-20, 11:21)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB.

Apparently your old setup still used SMBv1. Although Kodi 18 already defaulted to SMBv2, and so does Kodi 19.

With SMBv2 and up, network browsing has been stopped (by Microsoft). So if you need to add new sources, use the "Add network lcoation.." option, and fill in all credentials INCL a password for the Windows user that shares your media files.
I am accessing a NAS unit that supports SMBv1. It is not a Windows device.

What you have described is the procees I used in Kodi V18 to access the NAS unit. Affter the upgrade it broke.

I tried to downgrade to Kodi V18 but Android would not allow me to install it. 

I finally uninstalled V19, sideloaded V18 and I now have access to my NAS and all the other SMB compliant devices.

In V18, I select "Add Source" in the file manager, I select "Windows network (SMB)". When selected, you see "WORKGROUP". Select WORKGROUP and I see all the SMB compliant devices on my network. Three on the devices are Windows clients and the other two are NAS devices.

When I try the same process in V19 and select "Windows network (SMB)", V19 does not find "WORKGROUP" and therefore I can't go any further.

On that basis, either the upgrade process screwed up something OR SMB is broken in V19.
(2021-02-20, 11:21)Klojum Wrote:

I have just tried a fresh installation of V19 on another android device.

It too can't see or access SMB resources on my network.

That seems to confirm to me that SMB is broken in V19.

How can I send this report to the developers?
Same problem here.
Nvidia Shield upgraded to kodi 19 just now and now smb doesn't work.

tried doing a clean install.

Method I'm using for adding a share.

Add network location
Protocal smb
servername: I've tried hostname and ip both don't connect
shared folder: sharename
username:tried both "hostname\username" and just "username"
Password: my password.

Complete path looks like smb://hostname/sharename

All of this worked fine before the update.
Just enabled the administrator account on my computer and I can authenticate with this fine and the shares work.
No idea why it doesn't like my original username and password anymore...
(2021-02-20, 16:27)XTMercenary Wrote: No idea why it doesn't like my original username and password anymore...

Perhaps it's a folder/file permissions problem now.
@pellajl Are you unsure how to quote & reply to a post..? Because you can do that in 1 go.
OK rebooting the machine after updating my credentials and switching to IP instead of hostname seems to have fixed it.
I can authenticate with my own account again.
No idea why it didn't like the credentials as I know these were correct.
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V1.
(2021-02-20, 17:44)HairBear Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3

If you leave the minimum at 0 it doesn't seem to pickup the range correctly. Just looks like a bug in the code.
(2021-02-20, 19:18)edsib1 Wrote:

If you leave the minimum at 0 it doesn't seem to pickup the range correctly. Just looks like a bug in the code.

Hi there hope someone can help me I have an nvidia shield it upgraded to 19 today now I cannot get anything to work I can't install any repository is there someone who could give me some help I'm not very technically minded please be gentle thanks
(2021-02-20, 19:18)edsib1 Wrote:

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?0