• 3(current)
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
sure, forking is not a problem at all.

for the record, the skin is licensed under GPL, meaning you can take it apart, turn it upside-down and do with it whatever you feel like ;-)
but thanx for asking anyway and best of luck with getting it Kodi 19 compatible!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello guys,

Is anyone get a transparency fork version working on MAtrix ?? 

Otherwise what is the best skin for Matrix looking like transparency ? 

Thanks , 

Olivier
(2021-10-03, 11:04)billythekid13 Wrote: Olivier
Check post #35 in this thread. I've had some luck with Aeon Nox Silvano using the vertical menu format, but nothing beats Transparency's cover flow view.
Just logged in to say, man, I appreciate the work you did Ronnie.

And man am I missing transparency. I am trying with Amber now, but it's not the same.
It really depends on your tastes and how you use Kodi.

I've been using Metropolis as a replacement. It's got a lot of customizing options, and the interface doesn't send me screaming back to settings for a new skin.
(2021-03-01, 08:48)oscar13sd Wrote: In case anyone is trying to get this to work for v19.  I downloaded the source as a zip file from "https://gitlab.com/ronie/skin.transparency/".  Then edited the following three lines in addon.xml:

<addon id="skin.transparency" name="Transparency!" provider-name="ronie" version="11.1.0">
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0" />
<!-- <import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.30" /> -->

things to note:
  I don't know what I am doing, so make a backup since I have no idea what this could break
  I was getting an error for service.skin.widgets, and it didn't look like there was an update for that addon, so I just commented it out and I was able to install the zip successfully
  The only widgets I think I use are the ones that list the new media added on the home screen, and they don't work as that addon is commented out
  This worked on my nVidia Shield and test linux VM

I tried this on 19.3 and all I got was an error when trying to load the add-on. I assume that the process was to unzip the  skin.transparency-master.zip file, edit the addon.xml per your instructions, then re-zip it up and try to add it as an addon from the zip file. Am I missing something?
Firstly, rename the top-level directory in the zip from skin.transparency.master to skin.transparency before you install.
(The "master" bit is a Gitlab housekeeping thing regarding the branch of the codebase -   the Kodi/skin code doesn't know or care about that, and all the versions pushed to repositories, for installation from within Kodi's addon browser, have that already changed).

Sesondly - the skin.widgets elements *do* work with v19 - you just have to make sure you are using the right branch/repo
i.e. Remove the "<!--  -->" commenting markers and change the line to 
xml:
<import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.33+matrix.2" />

The various component repositories for addons and dependencies are a bit of a mish-mash in how they cope with the Python 2 to 3 change that is mandatory for v19 Matrix.
Some maintain the older Python 2 components and the newer Matrix Python 3 components in a single overall repository, for the sake of maintaining compatibility for Kodi v18 Leia and earlier, and add "+matrix" or similar to the end of the version string and you have to pick which element you require manually. 
Some keep entirely separate repositories for original Python 2 code and new version 3 code - this keeps the auto-updater happy and means it won't break stuff by mashing different Python version code together, *BUT* you have to make sure you have the right repo for your Kodi version.

Long story short - it's fiddly and there's a bit of trial and error involved but you *can* get all original skin features working in Matrix.
Either way I get "failed due to an invalid structure". I've gone over the edits numerous times, with the skin.widgets line commented out or with the line as above, but always with a failure. I must be missing something else, possibly a great deal of brain cells.
Hello,

Already thank you to Ronie for this wonderful skin which has accompanied me for years.

For me too it was the best skin, fortunately, Metropolis comes a little closer ... Afterwards, I support the request already made here: if Ronie developed a version directly compatible with Matrix, by making it payable (in a reasonable way: no more than $ 10) ... I, and my brother too ...
I'd throw in $50. None of the other skins do anything for me. And the customization is limited.
Like everyone else on this thread, I was pretty disappointed to find that T! is no longer supported or developed for Matrix+

But thanks to @oscar13sd @hhjrxymos and @kurai I was able to get the forked service.skin.widgets and the T! with the xml edits installed and working pretty much as expected!  Thanks guys!

The only issue I have is as was noted by @hhjrxymos where there are a couple of glitches with poster artwork being displayed.

I narrowed it down to two specific areas.  I'm using mostly automatically downloaded artwork that is cached by the system and NOT stored locally btw:

1) TV Shows - the season posters are not displayed, but *ONLY* in the "Fanart" view.  For all of the other views the season posters actually do display properly.  See screenshots:

Fanart View: posters not displayed

Thumbnail view (and all others) - posters displayed correctly:

...AND...

2) Movies - when playing back and bring up the control bar, or pausing, the "Thumbnail" is displayed instead of the Poster:

...So far I've spent a couple of hours looking at the "View-Fanart.xml" file and comparing it to some of the other view xml's to see if anything jumps out, but really, I don't know what to look for. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

As far as the poster for the Movie view on playback, I recall this also occurring several years ago with a previous version of the skin, and when I posted a question about it @rONniE responded that it was easy enough to fix in the skin and he made a change that resolved the issue.  I have no idea at this point exactly what that change was, but I'm also going to delve into that at some point if I get the TV season poster issue figured out and see if I can work it out for movies too.

But in any case, it works 95% and that's better than not having T! at all!!

Anyone else with any ideas on solving the poster view issues, please jump in, the more ideas the better.

Cheers and thanks again to the contributors who got it working this far!
TRJB
WOW! That's about most of what I use in T!, and I can certainly live with these results, even if there is no fix. Kudos to those who worked this out!
(2021-12-31, 22:56)therealjoeblow Wrote: 2) Movies - when playing back and bring up the control bar, or pausing, the "Thumbnail" is displayed instead of the Poster:
Edit \1080p\VideoOSD.xml
Lines 495, 505 and 514 you will see $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] change it to $INFO[Player.Art(poster)]

For the Pause overlay, edit DialogSeekBar.xml and on line 166 make the same change as above.

You will also want to fix the logo / clearlogo issue.
Includes_Workarounds.xml @ Line 405 and 418. Change the word logo to clearlogo
xml:
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,clearlogo.png]</texture>

Anybody found the fix for Season posters in FanartView? I haven't been able to spot the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-25, 03:15)hurricane51 Wrote: Either way I get "failed due to an invalid structure".
If you have the Transparency folder open in another app, like Windows Explorer or Notepad++, then Kodi can't update the folder as it is locked by another app.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, Karellan.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support0