• 4(current)
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
(2022-01-01, 08:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-12-31, 22:56)therealjoeblow Wrote: 2) Movies - when playing back and bring up the control bar, or pausing, the "Thumbnail" is displayed instead of the Poster:
Edit \1080p\VideoOSD.xml
Lines 495, 505 and 514 you will see $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] change it to $INFO[Player.Art(poster)]

For the Pause overlay, edit DialogSeekBar.xml and on line 166 make the same change as above.

You will also want to fix the logo / clearlogo issue.
Includes_Workarounds.xml @ Line 405 and 418. Change the word logo to clearlogo
xml:
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,clearlogo.png]</texture>

Anybody found the fix for Season posters in FanartView? I haven't been able to spot the problem.

Thanks so much Karellen!  That was great help!

FYI, 2 of your changes in VideoOSD.xml need to stay as they were, both lines 495 and 505 are referring to images with a wide aspect ratio (418x236) and so need to stay as $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] and NOT change to $INFO[Player.Art(poster)], as this will break showing the thumbnail for a TV episode, trying to show an episode poster that doesn't exist.  So only line 514 needs to change in this file.

Also, I found one more of the same change for the Movie posters is needed, this time in the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file:

-->Line 222 also needs to be changed to  $INFO[Player.Art(poster)]

This fixes the poster when you bring up the info bar instead of the control bar while playing a movie.

Basically, in all of the XML files, all occurrences of $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] where the references to size in the preceeding lines is portrait aspect ratio need to be changed to $INFO[Player.Art(poster)]; and all occurrences where the aspect ratio is wide, they need to be left as is (referring to thumb).  I think I found them all correctly now in all the files.

Hoping we can still track down the TV Season poster issue, but this is great for now!  Every little tweak makes it better and better!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
TRJB
For the TVShow seasons, I believe I found the line that controls what is shown in the space for the poster, looks lto me like it's Line #760 in View-Fanart.xml which reads:

Code:
<texture fallback="DefaultVideo.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>

I tried changing ListItem.Thumb to ListItem.Icon which then changed the image that's shown to a folder icon instead of the default fallback blue camera icon, so that's how I deduce this is the line that controls what is shown.  I also tried changing .Thumb to .Poster and then to .IconPoster, but with no success, neither of those display the season poster as I had hoped.

Problem now is I don't know what else to try to change it to to get the poster to show, as I don't know what it's variable name should actually be?  Not sure if I'm even on the right track, but it seems like it to me.

Cheers
TRJB
@therealjoeblow

Great. Thanks. I've also found fixes for discart in movies, and the fix for discart in music in the songs listing, but not in album listing.

Probably easier if I just offer the zip file, instead of listing all the code to change? I'd like to wait until the seasons poster issue is resolved, but I can upload it before if people are keen.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-01, 22:20)Karellen Wrote: @therealjoeblow

Great. Thanks. I've also found fixes for discart in movies, and the fix for discart in music in the songs listing, but not in album listing.

Probably easier if I just offer the zip file, instead of listing all the code to change? I'd like to wait until the seasons poster issue is resolved, but I can upload it before if people are keen.

Yup, I was going to offer up the same thing, zip up all the changes and post it somewhere convenient, because it's going to be hard for some to follow all of the various messages here and get all of the changes made correctly.  But a good idea to wait a bit until the TV show seasons poster issue gets figured out, then either one of us can post the updated file.

I believe Includes_Home.xml also needs an edit, although I didn't exactly see the result of changing the code.  At line #789 it has:

Code:
<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)]</texture>

...where the 2 preceeding lines are:

Code:
<width>129</width>
<height>183</height>

...and the description tag of the container is "Cover Image" for movies... This indicates that portrait mode cover artwork is expected, but the Thumb will obviously be landscape.  So I changed that also to $INFO[Player.Art(poster)].  Like I said, not sure what it's changing because I didn't immediately notice a change anywhere, but I do believe it's an error to place a landscape Thumbnail where the allocated display space is portrait mode and the description says "cover".

So to recap from me, that makes 4 changes to fix the movie poster image displays:

DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
*  222      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

DialogSeekBar.xml
*  166      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

Includes_Home.xml
*  789     <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

VideoOSD.xml
*  514      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

If I'm correct, then all the other occurrences in all other files of $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] are in containers which have landscape sizes allocated and are correct and should not be changed.

Cheers
TRJB
(2022-01-01, 23:04)therealjoeblow Wrote: DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
*  222      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

DialogSeekBar.xml
*  166      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

Includes_Home.xml
*  789     <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>

VideoOSD.xml
*  514      <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>
Yep, I made those changes, thanks.
I also fixed the clearlogos and discart.
I have added a theme. I hate blue, so I used a theme to remove blues. (Don't expect anything fancy Smile )
I've also added some extra labels in Fanart and MediaInfo views, as well as the PVR views which suit my use better.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I found the fix for the season artwork issue looking at the other fixes  Wink

View-Fanart.xml

* 760  <texture fallback="DefaultVideo.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture>

I guess this means we (you) can now create a fully working zip?

Eric
Hmmm... Can't I edit my posts here?

I was thinking to include service.skin.widgets inside transparancy to not need to install 2 zips? Is that even possible?
Hi @xp_eric

Thank you for the fix. Your code does fix the fanart season poster problem.

Could you point me to service.skin.widgets repo? We don't have one in the official Kodi repo, so not sure where it should come from.

As for post edits, you have been around since the dawn of time but you still don't have enough posts, but you aren't far off.
My Signature
(2022-01-01, 22:20)Karellen Wrote: Probably easier if I just offer the zip file, instead of listing all the code to change? I'd like to wait until the seasons poster issue is resolved, but I can upload it before if people are keen.

Better to fork the original repo, pr your changes to it and then people can download it from there.  Also, others can then help contribute so it's not all on you to figure out the necessary changes.  Just figured it's a better way but if you're happy uploading zips then no worries.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2022-01-06, 00:30)Karellen Wrote: Hi @xp_eric

Thank you for the fix. Your code does fix the fanart season poster problem.

Could you point me to service.skin.widgets repo? We don't have one in the official Kodi repo, so not sure where it should come from.

As for post edits, you have been around since the dawn of time but you still don't have enough posts, but you aren't far off.
apparently we need service.skin.widgets (https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3) to get T! to work on Matrix. I don't know much about skinning. Just want my T! back on the recent Kodi...
(2022-01-06, 01:38)black_eagle Wrote:
(2022-01-01, 22:20)Karellen Wrote: Probably easier if I just offer the zip file, instead of listing all the code to change? I'd like to wait until the seasons poster issue is resolved, but I can upload it before if people are keen.

Better to fork the original repo, pr your changes to it and then people can download it from there.  Also, others can then help contribute so it's not all on you to figure out the necessary changes.  Just figured it's a better way but if you're happy uploading zips then no worries.
We dont need changes? Just a version of services.skin.widgets to get T! to work and its not in the Kodi repo anymore so we need to manually install it from a zip?
(2022-01-06, 09:08)xp_eric Wrote: apparently we need service.skin.widgets (https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3) to get T! to work on Matrix
Thanks.
For me it works without installing this addon. Most likely you are wanting something extra that I am not using, so I am not noticing what is missing.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to bundle it together. It will need to remain a separate install. Or maybe @scott967 might have some pointers on how it is done.
My Signature
Here is the zip file for installing Transparency! on Matrix v19... https://ufile.io/a6rf2yu8

Download and install via zip from within Kodi.

I have noticed that it takes a little longer than normal to install and it looks like nothing is happening. I guess there is a stubborn addon. Give it a minute and it should install correctly

I am not a skinner, so I won't be taking requests or making fixes.

Thanks. Smile
My Signature
(2022-01-06, 09:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-06, 09:08)xp_eric Wrote: apparently we need service.skin.widgets (https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3) to get T! to work on Matrix
Thanks.
For me it works without installing this addon. Most likely you are wanting something extra that I am not using, so I am not noticing what is missing.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to bundle it together. It will need to remain a separate install. Or maybe @scott967 might have some pointers on how it is done.
Maybe I misunderstood... It was hard to go through this tread and picks the changes needed. Can anybody else shine a light on this? I will test installing the zip on a clean Kodi 19.3 without installing the service.skin.widgets later tonight.
(2022-01-06, 10:40)xp_eric Wrote: Maybe I misunderstood...
Actually I don't think you did. You needed to remove the requirement for that addon from addon.xml file in the skin. If you don't remove it, the skin will fail to install. I have commented out that requirement, so the skin will install.
That is probably where you got stuck.
My Signature
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support0