Kodi 19 crash on startup
(2021-04-29, 09:52)VonMagnum Wrote: I'm getting crashes in Kodi 19 Matrix on my 2012 Mac Mini Server.  I'll attach the log below, but this is the OSX crash report info:
Quote:Crashed Thread:        17  JobWorker

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [63156]

KODI LOG at Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/uh7cFSG1

At first, it seemed to crash when going to MOVIES (almost immediately).  Originally, it had a CODESIGNING 0x2 fault so I resigned the app.  It then crashed with the above worker type crash (not same exact one).  I deleted the entire KODI application support directory and started new, but imported my database files from my FIRETV KODI 19 (working fine there) and moved to Confluence and imported the FIRETV's source and password list to save time.  It crashed while just looking around the settings files.  It crashes seemingly random after a certain amount of time regardless.  Going to MOVIES just seemed to speed things up.  I've tried starting a movie from the quick icons and search bar (before deleting the KODI directory) and the movie started up just fine and was playing fine.  It seems to crash just sitting in the menu systems.  KODI 18 worked perfectly fine here on the same Mac.

have you tried disabling thumbnails extraction?
(2021-04-29, 10:53)kambala Wrote:
(2021-04-29, 09:52)VonMagnum Wrote: I'm getting crashes in Kodi 19 Matrix on my 2012 Mac Mini Server.  I'll attach the log below, but this is the OSX crash report info:
Quote:Crashed Thread:        17  JobWorker

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [63156]

KODI LOG at Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/uh7cFSG1

At first, it seemed to crash when going to MOVIES (almost immediately).  Originally, it had a CODESIGNING 0x2 fault so I resigned the app.  It then crashed with the above worker type crash (not same exact one).  I deleted the entire KODI application support directory and started new, but imported my database files from my FIRETV KODI 19 (working fine there) and moved to Confluence and imported the FIRETV's source and password list to save time.  It crashed while just looking around the settings files.  It crashes seemingly random after a certain amount of time regardless.  Going to MOVIES just seemed to speed things up.  I've tried starting a movie from the quick icons and search bar (before deleting the KODI directory) and the movie started up just fine and was playing fine.  It seems to crash just sitting in the menu systems.  KODI 18 worked perfectly fine here on the same Mac.

have you tried disabling thumbnails extraction?

Yes, I tried that and I even deleted the old thumbnail directory in case something was corrupted and that was before I erased the entire KODI directory in Application Support and started over (save importing my source settings and the video database from my FireTV version of KODI 19 (that works perfectly fine still).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Just read this. I remember having the same problem. The solution (back then) was:

Settings->Media->Disable Chapter Thumbnails

There was also once a problem with Settings->Player->Allow Hardware acceleration - VTB Decoder. However, that setting is currently on for me w/o issues.

Sorry so late and cheers!
William
(2021-12-26, 20:32)ac0mputerguru Wrote: Just read this. I remember having the same problem. The solution (back then) was:

Settings->Media->Disable Chapter Thumbnails

There was also once a problem with Settings->Player->Allow Hardware acceleration - VTB Decoder. However, that setting is currently on for me w/o issues.

Sorry so late and cheers!
William

Thanks.  I'll give that a try as the Mac version is still "randomly" crashing on me even with newer versions (only in the GUI; movies play OK if I can start them first, but I rarely watch anything on my Mac anyway since I have a dedicated home theater and living room player).  I just turned it off.  I'll see how it does.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 crash on startup0