OS X Kodi 19 on Big Sur - nothing but problems
I have been running 18.x on my Mac Pro (Big Sur 11.3) with no issues for a long time. I connect to my QNAP NAS using Thunderbolt, and have 3 shares mounted on my desktop using SMB (Films, Series, and Music).

Today I upgrade to Kodi 19.0, and from the get-go I have problems. After moving the app to the folder, I ran it for the first time, it froze, and I had to Force Quit. It eventually got up and running, and it would not scan the shares for films and series. After a few tries it did, but half the time it locks up, and I have to Force Quit. I also tried to scan for music, and it actually crashes the Mac Pro. 

I don't know what is up, but this is NOT ready for mainstream...
(2021-02-21, 06:22)KillerBob Wrote: I have been running 18.x on my Mac Pro (Big Sur 11.3) with no issues for a long time. I connect to my QNAP NAS using Thunderbolt, and have 3 shares mounted on my desktop using SMB (Films, Series, and Music).

Today I upgrade to Kodi 19.0, and from the get-go I have problems. After moving the app to the folder, I ran it for the first time, it froze, and I had to Force Quit. It eventually got up and running, and it would not scan the shares for films and series. After a few tries it did, but half the time it locks up, and I have to Force Quit. I also tried to scan for music, and it actually crashes the Mac Pro. 

I don't know what is up, but this is NOT ready for mainstream...

It was the same on Catalina on a 2012 mac mini.

Export your library as separate files just to have a backup. Then backup you userdata.

Then delete our kodi installation inc. the full KODI userdata folder..not just userdata - the full KODI applicatikokn support folder !!!

REMOVE THIS FOLDER - after backup of userdata inside the kodi folder below.

Where: /Users/mac/Library/Application Support/Kodi

Install Matrix

Move your database files from the old userdata folder, or import liberay.

I just copied the \database + \Thumbnails + \keymap   and sources.xml etc from my old userdata backup to the new userdata folder.

Then reinstall the addons you need and set everything up again.

Then you have a totally fresh kodi matrix installation that works fine...and the new netflex app just runs smooth and almost no hichups.

One thing..KODI matris does NOT load the harmony remote keymap properly..or the xbmchelper ;O/

I made an issue at git and in this forum ..but not response from either as of yet ;O(

Hope it works out for you.

KODI on mac is pretty awesome ;O)
Maybe before resetting all like requa3r0 said, tried to delete the Texture13.db file before launching Kodi. it will erase all previous caches
Same prob for me.
Reset the system as requa3r0 described.
Copied the files back also some xml's
Found out that the adcancedsettings.xml make problems. Without it Kodi starts. With an empty advanced settings.xml Kodi starts too.
I'm using MySQL DB for the system. Is that the problem?
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 on Big Sur - nothing but problems0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.