v19 RBPI platform - newclock5 catchup, matrix official release
Hello @popcornmix 

Now that Matrix has been released, is there a way to catchup the newclock5 branch to it?

I have made some attempts, reverting the commits:

RBPI: platform readdition
ffmpeg 4.2.2 revert and hevc patches
rbpi buildsteps reverted
WINDOWING reference removal

However, I see issues with Texture/CTexture/CPiTexture/TextureGL, where various components fail to link when kodi-rbpi is being created, apparently I am missing something there which I cannot figure out.

Here are my attempts, if that helps:
https://github.com/nkichukov/xbmc/commit...5-patched2

Thanks,
-Nikolay
Kodi Matrix on Pi has dropped the pi specific interfaces (openmax/mmal/firmware gl) and moved to standard interfaces (v4l2/gbm/mesa gl) so there's nothing useful in newclock5 now.
That is true, until GBM is adapted for rpi3 and lower, I thought we can revert the RBPI platform removal and catchup to v19 now.
(2021-02-22, 17:59)nkichukov Wrote: That is true, until GBM is adapted for rpi3 and lower, I thought we can revert the RBPI platform removal and catchup to v19 now.

You can run kodi-gbm on any RPi, series 2+.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
(2021-02-22, 18:53)graysky Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 17:59)nkichukov Wrote: That is true, until GBM is adapted for rpi3 and lower, I thought we can revert the RBPI platform removal and catchup to v19 now.

You can run kodi-gbm on any RPi, series 2+.
This is true, however I am not asking about other options, I talk about newclocks5 and nothing else, which is the only usable hevc decoding on rpi3. 

@graysky , perhaps you are not aware of the outcome of: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360474

@popcornmix any chance to have this? If not, at least can you take a quick look at the branch I referred to in the first post and see what else may need to be cleaned up from the various Texture files to make kodi-rbpi link in the end?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RBPI platform - newclock5 catchup, matrix official release0