Release Release 4.1
most of the columns do have a fixed column width where resizing does not make any sense - so that has been disabled. All columns with "unforeseeable" columns width (like title, movie set title, path, ...) can be resized. Only if the sum of the minimal width of all displayed columns is lower than the view size the columns get moved out..

But as you said you use it 1/3 of your screen width I may think you have another "problem" (since I do not have any issue here at all on a laptop) - did you "remove" unneeded columns? just click the wrench on the top right border of the table and you can remove all unneeded columns and you should get a nice view (like in the screenshots on the homepage)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Hi,

I'm trying to use the new thumbnail functionality but can't seem to get it working. I'm on 4.1.0.1, and first selected to use the ffmpeg addon, downloaded it and restarted. My understanding is that I should be able to right click on an episode I would like to generate a thumbnail for, then select Enhanced editing -> Create a thumb with FFmpeg of selected episode(s). When I try that there is no option listed to Create a thumb with FFmpeg of selected episode(s) under Enhanced editing though. I then tried downloading ffmpeg and using that but there is still no option to create the thumbnail under Enhanced editing.

Any ideas what could be wrong or what I should try next?

Thank-you.
Yep I removed other columns.  Still can't resize the title one, in the movies section, though.  In TV it works fine.

Not a big drama, I have it working well enough.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2021-02-24, 18:58)bongdvm Wrote: My understanding is that I should be able to right click on an episode I would like to generate a thumbnail for, then select Enhanced editing -> Create a thumb with FFmpeg of selected episode(s).

I think that's changed after it started supporting multiple thumbs.
Double click an episode to open edit episode window and click the thumb picture, then it will show ffmpeg generated images to select one if it's enabled in the settings.

To bulk scrape thumbs for multiple episodes, use "download missing artwork" command. "Scrape episode metadata" command won't work for thumb scraping using ffmpeg as the command's artwork scraper option doesn't work.
(2021-02-25, 00:47)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep I removed other columns.  Still can't resize the title one, in the movies section, though.  In TV it works fine.

That would happen if all other columns you have displayed have fixed width. In that case, moving central divider will resize title column.
Or do you mean you have displayed other resizable columns and they don't work properly?
(2021-02-25, 02:38)tars Wrote: Double click an episode to open edit episode window and click the thumb picture, then it will show ffmpeg generated images to select one if it's enabled in the settings.

Hi,

I just tried that and unfortunately I don't get any thumbnails generated. It just says "Downloading images" with the progress bar in the bottom left of the window so I assume it's trying to scrape a thumbnail. Then it says "No images found" in the main window.

Thanks for trying to help though!
(2021-02-25, 04:16)bongdvm Wrote: I just tried that and unfortunately I don't get any thumbnails generated. It just says "Downloading images" with the progress bar in the bottom left of the window so I assume it's trying to scrape a thumbnail. Then it says "No images found" in the main window.

Make sure you have enabled ffmpeg and episode thumb option ticked under Settings> TV shows> Artwork> Artwork scraper.
I apologize - the post on the homepage to this feature has not been updated. In fact this was the first "try", but I was not happy with the results, so I morphed this into an own "artwork scraper". I will update the homepage asap
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-02-25, 04:32)tars Wrote: Make sure you have enabled ffmpeg and episode thumb option ticked under Settings> TV shows> Artwork> Artwork scraper.

That did it! Thank-you very much for your help.
(2021-02-25, 08:24)mlaggner Wrote: I apologize - the post on the homepage to this feature has not been updated. In fact this was the first "try", but I was not happy with the results, so I morphed this into an own "artwork scraper". I will update the homepage asap

No problem. It's working for me now and will be a big help.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release 4.10