KODI Matrix - XMBChelper and Harmony keymap load issue
HI

Upgraded to Matrix with a totally clean/new userdata. (deleted old Version of the kodi and userdata folder under my user to get rid of old addons etc).

I have migrated my library All addons etc are reinstalled, and it runs just fine.
I also copied my old keymaps.
Had some issues, so I decided to used the new ones from matrix and added a few keyboard tweaks into new keymap file.
The keyboard keymap is now fine and loads normally.

Only added one key to start with..to quick download subs. Leila worked with <d>subtitlesearch</d> matrix needs <d>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</d>

Placed here.
      <d>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</d>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

But im having large issues with my harmony remote settings.

KODI matrix KILLS the xmbchelper on EXIT. Even though the setting to keep it alive to start kodi with remove is enable.
(if i exit with keyboard xbmchelper is killed, if i exit with remote..it stays alive?)

After a kodi restart you can not start kodi with the remote !

After a restart of kodi, it does not load the correct key mapping file in my userdata either.

Its like the settings under input remote is not read at all!

If I use my original customcontroller.Harmony.xml from KODI Leia or just the new un-toucht matrix verison of customcontroller.Harmony.xml it works just fine, but only when selecting remote = none..then back to Harmony in kodi input settings.

Then the remote works until I reload kodi.

(It also works with my personal Leia version with al my good shortcuts and favourites etc.)

After a kodi restart ....xbmchelper is loaded again but the keymapping is totally wrong.
E.G. I can not use back..its steps down instead! Together with and all kinds of strange behaviour.

What is going on with the xbmcheper and remote keymap loading?

Are anyone else having issues.
I tryed to set all input settings to default..then I reset everting.
This seems to have fixed the xbmchelper issue..but it still does not load the harmony keymap correctly.

Although it says its loaded in the log?

2021-02-22 17:36:10.182 T:203828    INFO <general>: Loading special://profile/keymaps/customcontroller.Harmony.xml
2021-02-22 17:36:10.185 T:203828    INFO <general>: Loading special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml

here is the log after kodi has loaded.

https://paste.kodi.tv/xahuraweka.kodi

what is this error
2021-02-22 17:36:10.807 T:203828 WARNING <general>: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
&
2021-02-22 17:37:11.243 T:204039 WARNING <general>: DARWINOSX: underflow (0 vs 4096 bytes)
please enable debug logging and restart Kodi - it might contain more info on your issue
(2021-02-22, 19:00)kambala Wrote: please enable debug logging and restart Kodi - it might contain more info on your issue

thanks for helping out ;O)

https://paste.kodi.tv/umufeqeqil.kodi
(2021-02-22, 20:35)requa3r0 Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 19:00)kambala Wrote: please enable debug logging and restart Kodi - it might contain more info on your issue

thanks for helping out ;O)

https://paste.kodi.tv/umufeqeqil.kodi
Do you have any idear why the keymap is not loaded on startup?

It looks like it is loads..but it does not work correctly unless you set remote to none..then standard then the harmony...on each kodi startup ;o/

This remote and xbmchelper issue is driving me creazy

In uisettings.xml

I have
xml:

<setting id="input.appleremotemode">3</setting>
    <setting id="input.appleremotealwayson">true</setting>
    <setting id="input.appleremotesequencetime" default="true">500</setting>

But KODI simply does not load the keymap file...or it does not load the underlying harmony remote config.

When restarting most remote keypress is doing something else than its supposed to.

Am I really the only one with this issue?
(2021-03-19, 09:15)requa3r0 Wrote: Am I really the only one with this issue?

No, you're not.  My Harmony remote works only partly with Kodi 19 Matrix.  Some buttons work, others do the wrong thing. 

Here is my debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/muzafusimi.kodi

I have a customized customcontroller.Harmony.xml in userdata/keymaps.  It looks like Kodi is loading three different keymaps of that name.  I wonder which one is the userdata/keymaps one?  Maybe they are loaded in the wrong order?
xml:
Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/customcontroller.Harmony.xml
. . .
Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/customcontroller.Harmony.xml
Loading special://profile/keymaps/customcontroller.Harmony.xml

It looks like Kodi kills xbmchelper as it exits; I thought it was supposed to stay running so it can allow starting of Kodi?
xml:
XBMCHelper: Sending SIGKILL to XBMCHelper
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
I found in the log that the profile address is mapped to the masterprofile address, which goes to userdata/keymaps.  So Kodi appears to just load the same file twice in my case.

I compared the customcontroller.Harmony.xml file in the new Kodi.app to the one in 18.5 (when my remote worked).  They are identical.  I thought that might show that some mapping or button codes had changed, but no.

So I remain stumped.
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Thanks to @Fuzzard, both of these issues are fixed.  You have to replace Kodi with a nightly developer's build.  I used kodi-20210504 and it seems to be fine.
FWIW, I didn't want to update to nightlies, so I ended up just modifying the defaults in the package by manually editing /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/system/settings/darwin.xml

Specifically I changed the default for input.appleremotemode from 1 to 3 (for Harmony).

Just in case anyone else can use the info.
(2021-05-24, 20:32)jingai Wrote: FWIW, I didn't want to update to nightlies, so I ended up just modifying the defaults in the package by manually editing /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/system/settings/darwin.xml

Specifically I changed the default for input.appleremotemode from 1 to 3 (for Harmony).

Thanks - I would have never figured that out!
(2021-05-25, 18:14)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 20:32)jingai Wrote: FWIW, I didn't want to update to nightlies, so I ended up just modifying the defaults in the package by manually editing /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/system/settings/darwin.xml

Awesome ...but I already migrated to nighties...and with an extensive addon setup and indexed library etc. Im not looking back. ;O)

Hi Glorious1

Have you figured out how to hack the option "Allow start of KODI using the remte" to be persistent.
This means not killing the kodi-helper on exit.

A similar darvin.xml edit would be great ;O)

Please let me know.
(2021-07-23, 11:11)requa3r0 Wrote:

Hi Glorious1

Have you figured out how to hack the option "Allow start of KODI using the remte" to be persistent.
This means not killing the kodi-helper on exit.

A similar darvin.xml edit would be great ;O)

Please let me know.
Hmm
Geuss I figutred it out

Changed input.appleremotealwayson to true

so..in
/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/system/settings/darwin.xml

I did edit the following, and the harmony worked perfekt.

xml:

<setting id="input.appleremotemode" type="integer" label="13600" help="36416">
          <level>1</level>
          <default>3</default> <!-- APPLE_REMOTE_STANDARD -->

<setting id="input.appleremotealwayson" type="boolean" label="13602" help="36417">
          <level>4</level>
          <default>true</default>
I switched from KODI Krypton 16.7 to Matrix 19.3 yesterday.
This gave me the same problem with my user defined Harmony keyboard.
Your code change also solved it for me.
Thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Matrix - XMBChelper and Harmony keymap load issue0