v19 Sleepandroid 2.8 Android Power Options
I currently use Sleepandroid 2.8 Android Power Options to turn off my android box after 10 minutes of inactivity. Unfortunately it is not compatible with Kodi v19. I contacted the author of the add-on but he cannot update the add-on to be compatible with python 3. Elmerohueso has given permission for the add-on to be updated if anyone is interested. I am not a programmer and have no idea where to start. Would anyone be interested in taking this on as a project?

I have tried addons built into Kodi but this is the only one that has ever worked on the 5 boxes I have tried. This add-on is a must have for me. I am bi-polar and due to medication often fall asleep with the tv on. Options that use CEC never work so I rely on Sleepandroid to turn my tv off when not playing videos. Would be grateful for any help so I can upgrade to v19 and future versions of Kodi.
I don't use Android for Kodi, but have always used an addon for the same purpose.

As I am in the same boat as you i too was/am looking for alternatives. So far i found one addon that kind of does the same thing, but handling is a lot less convenient unfortunately and at least in my use case does not always work correctly. Still testing to see if I can get it to work to my liking. Have a look at Heckies git if you are interested, maybe it works for you.

Alternatively you could use Kodi's build-in timer as i do now, which in my opinion is not very elegant, but effective.
Thanks Atreyu. I will check that link out. I did try the built-in timer but they does not do anything on my boxes.

I have found a working solution by taking the android command that sends the device to sleep from the sleepandroid addon and replacing a command in Turn Off addon which comes with Kodi v19.

What o/s are you using?
(2021-02-24, 11:37)tt4079 Wrote: Thanks Atreyu. I will check that link out. I did try the built-in timer but they does not do anything on my boxes.

I have found a working solution by taking the android command that sends the device to sleep from the sleepandroid addon and replacing a command in Turn Off addon which comes with Kodi v19.

What o/s are you using?
My setups are mostly Linux (more specifically *elec) based as i do not use anything else than Kodi. No use for Android.
Creative solution you found using turn off screensaver; i had a similar configuration, just need something to stop playback at a set time/duration. Turnoff will take over after that Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleepandroid 2.8 Android Power Options0