Solved Video info doesn't fit screen
I have Kodi running with the default skin. Everything seems to be working fine, but when I pause a video the name/time/ sub options and so on are all partly out of the screen.
I played with settings but can't seem to have it fixed.
Someone any idea what might be the issue?
You may experience a feature of your TV which is a souvenir from the past, namely "overscan". The old thick tube TVs from yesteryear used it, and for some odd reason this feature is still available in modern TVs.

Every decent TV should have settings to disable it, although every TV manufacturer has its own name for it. I'd suggest reading up on your TV manual.

Changing settings in Kodi should be your very last resort.
(2021-02-23, 23:27)Klojum Wrote: You may experience a feature of your TV which is a souvenir from the past, namely "overscan". The old thick tube TVs from yesteryear used it, and for some odd reason this feature is still available in modern TVs.

Every decent TV should have settings to disable it, although every TV manufacturer has its own name for it. I'd suggest reading up on your TV manual.

Changing settings in Kodi should be your very last resort.

Thanks, took a while to find the feature in advanced settings. Was under a different name as well, but the description made clear that it was what I was looking for.
Turned it off and tested a few videos and everything seems to work perfectly now.

Never noticed that a small part of video was missing before this.

Thanks for the quick help!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video info doesn't fit screen0