v19 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 19 Matrix
For anyone still using Aeon MQ5, I have a new mod version that works in Matrix 19.0.

Update 2021 12 31

New version 11.2.0 is available for use in Kodi Matrix 19+
This version continues to use the low-resource addons as have prior version releases.  Unfortunately, some of these addons no longer work in Kodi Matrix due to the switch to Python 3.

I have updated all addons used by the skin that aren't available elsewhere with Kodi Matrix versions.  As a result, I strongly recommend that the skin be installed using my repo repo-Aeon_MQ5_Mod.  Using the repo will install the dependencies automatically when you install the skin.  The repo also contains a couple other addons that users have requested Matrix versions of.  Feel free to give them a try.

The repo version 11.0.0 is available from my github here:  repo Aeon MQ5 Mod 11.0.0

Download the release zip file and in Kodi addon browser install from zip. Note that Kodi Matrix includes some additional security warnings for installing zip addons and third party repos. Then in Kodi addon browser install from this repo and navigate look and feel / skins / Aeon MQ5 Matrix Mod. Kodi will show you the dependencies that will be installed and if you accept, the skin then install. Note that with the release of a new Kodi version, the Kodi file mirrors might be heavily loaded and some dependencies might fail to install. If this happens, just repeat the skin install and in my experience, about 3 tries is the most I have needed for all dependencies to install, after which the skin install will be complete.

I always recommend that when Kodi pops up the "do you want to switch" dialog, you select "no", and instead go to settings / interface / skin and select your skin from there. On a fresh install (or update from Leia) it will take some time when you first select the skin to build all the settings.

If you are an experienced user you can get just the skin zip file from my github here:  Aeon MQ5 Matrix Mod 11.2.0

This post will always contain links to the most current version.

The following is a full list of addons in the repo:
  • addon id="repository.aeonmq5_mod" name="Aeon MQ5 Mod Skin Repository" version="11.0.0" provider-name="scott967"
  • addon id="resource.images.skinstyles.aeonmq5" name="Skin Styles - Aeon MQ" version="9.2.0" provider-name="MarcosQui"
  • addon id="resource.uisounds.aeonmq5" version="10.2.3" name="Aeon MQ5 Leia UI Sounds" provider-name="Marcos Qui"
  • addon id="skin.aeonmq5.leiamod" name="Aeon MQ 5 Leiamod" provider-name="MarcosQui" version="10.6.3"
  • addon id="script.artworkorganizer" name="Artwork Organizer" version="6.0.3+matrix.1" provider-name="ronie, redglory"
  • addon id="script.cinemavision" name="CinemaVision" version="1.1.1+matrix.2" provider-name="CinemaVision"
  • addon id="script.database.cleaner" name="Video Database Cleaner" version="0.6.1+matrix.2" provider-name="black_eagle, BatterPudding."
  • addon id="script.extendedinfo" name="ExtendedInfo Script" version="5.6.0+matrix.4" provider-name="phil65 (Philipp Temminghoff)"
  • addon id="script.games.rom.collection.browser" name="Rom Collection Browser" provider-name="bruny, malte" version="2.3.0"
  • addon id="script.libraryeditor" name="Library Editor Script" version="0.9.0+matrix.2" provider-name="phil65"
  • addon id="script.module.kodi65" name="Kodi65 Library" version="1.2.1+matrix.3" provider-name="Philipp Temminghoff (phil65)"
  • addon id="script.randomandlastitems" name="Random and Last items script" version="2.2.2+Matrix.5" provider-name="MikeBZH44, Martijn, `Black"
  • addon id="script.skin.info.service" name="Skin Info Service" version="1.1.0+matrix.1" provider-name="phil65, SiLVO"
  • addon id="script.tv.show.next.aired" name="TV Show - Next Aired" version="6.0.15+matrix.3" provider-name="Ppic,Frost,ronie,`Black,phil65,WayneD"
  • addon id="service.languagepreferencemanager" name="Language Preference Manage version="0.0.7+matrix.3  provider-name="ace20022/scott967"
  • addon id="service.rom.collection.browser" version="1.1.0" name="Rom Collection Browser Service" provider-name="malte"
  • addon id="service.skin.widgets" name="Skin Widgets" version="0.0.33+matrix.3" provider-name="Martijn, phil65, scott967"
  • addon id="service.tvtunes" name="TvTunes" version="1.0.1+matrix.4" provider-name="latts"
  • addon id="skin.aeonmq5.matrixmod" name="Aeon MQ 5 Matrixmod" provider-name="MarcosQui / scott967" version="11.2.0"
If the authors release Matrix versions of the addons to the Kodi repo they will be removed from this repo.

scott s.
reserved
Great work. I will give it a try. Thank you.
Thanks @scott967

I've been using your MQ5 mods since Kodi16 and I appreciate it.
Thanks for this @scott967 .  Aeon MQ5 is by far my favorite skin for my theater.  Do you know of any way to migrate all my settings over from the Leiamod to Matrixmod?
(2021-03-08, 00:24)robross0606 Wrote: Thanks for this @scott967 .  Aeon MQ5 is by far my favorite skin for my theater.  Do you know of any way to migrate all my settings over from the Leiamod to Matrixmod?
I think I answered my own question by trying it.  I copied the settings.xml file from one add-on directory to the other and (so far) everything appears to have come over unscathed.  Awesome!
(2021-03-08, 00:30)robross0606 Wrote:
(2021-03-08, 00:24)robross0606 Wrote: Thanks for this @scott967 .  Aeon MQ5 is by far my favorite skin for my theater.  Do you know of any way to migrate all my settings over from the Leiamod to Matrixmod?
I think I answered my own question by trying it.  I copied the settings.xml file from one add-on directory to the other and (so far) everything appears to have come over unscathed.  Awesome!
Yes, it should be able to just update on top of Leia settings, but in some cases (can't remember now) the default home menu/submenu items might be different in Matrix.  But in customize home menu any changes you make do reflect the latest.  (there's new possibilities such as music - boxsets).  Also a slight change now in video "clean library" it is possible to just clean specific content (musicvideo, movies, tv shows/episodes).  That speeds up clean library if you have a large one.

I did make a change and the internal Kodi retrogameplayer is now the default for "games" main menu instead of the ROM collection browser (you still can add or replace with ROM collection browser if that's preferred).

I'm currently updating the skin for PVR (didn't have it available where I was, now I do so I can test).

scott s.
Nice work.

But at my end the widgets on tab series is not working.
cant start any serie episode from that tab
(2021-03-12, 13:11)Trokie Wrote: Nice work.

The widgets for tv show (series) are provided by the addon service.skin.widgets.  There are 3 different "modes" or "views" of the TV show widgets.  "Recently added" and "Random" (episodes) work one way. but the 3rd view "In Progress" has more complex code to determine which episodes are shown.   (note that in the settings for the addon, "In Progress" is called "Recommended".)   So first, need to know which view you have selected.  Then, need to post a log with debug logging enabled so I can take a look at what is going on.

Also, in the skin settings, there is a widget setting to show first widget like "in progress".  Need to know if you have this enabled (default is yes) and if so, is the problem when you try to play the first widget item, or it happens with any of them.

scott s.
(2021-03-13, 22:22)scott967 Wrote:

The widgets for tv show (series) are provided by the addon service.skin.widgets.  There are 3 different "modes" or "views" of the TV show widgets.  "Recently added" and "Random" (episodes) work one way. but the 3rd view "In Progress" has more complex code to determine which episodes are shown.   (note that in the settings for the addon, "In Progress" is called "Recommended".)   So first, need to know which view you have selected.  Then, need to post a log with debug logging enabled so I can take a look at what is going on.

Also, in the skin settings, there is a widget setting to show first widget like "in progress".  Need to know if you have this enabled (default is yes) and if so, is the problem when you try to play the first widget item, or it happens with any of them.

scott s.

Im using the "In progress"  widget (I have tested the other widgets from series tab but they don't work for me either. Movie tab everything works)
Setting in Skin is enabled. (The Complete widget on de series tab dont work)

what i can see in the log2021-03-14 09:32:43.477 T:4392    ERROR <general>: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.runscript(service.skin.widgets,episodeid=75229)' defined

I have exactly the same problem - none of the widget modes in the TV shows area let me start anything - regardable of any setting.
Will take a look and get back.

scott s.
(2021-05-11, 22:50)scott967 Wrote: Will take a look and get back.

scott s.

great thanks! if there is anything I can do to help please tell me, I use openelec so maybe getting logs is a bit difficult but I'm happy to help
great work it works well for first look
Thanks @scott967 .  I love to see mq5 in matrix but it not works in 19.1 only in 19.0.

Do you plan a solution for this any soon?

i hate the others skins.

great job.

Love for everyone.

thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 19 Matrix0