v19 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 19 Matrix
(2021-08-11, 20:35)exyron Wrote: Thanks @scott967 .  I love to see mq5 in matrix but it not works in 19.1 only in 19.0.

Do you plan a solution for this any soon?

i hate the others skins.

great job.

Love for everyone.

thanks again.
You are going to have to provide specifics as what is not working.  The current version of this skin, which works in all releases and nightlies of Kodi 19/Matrix and the nightlies of Kodi 20/Nexus is 11.1.1.  The best way to install and keep updated is via the repo I have created.  This is mainly due to the number of addons that MQ5 was designed to work with, many of which have not been updated for Python 3.  I have as best I could gotten these addons updated unofficially and these unofficial matrix versions are in this skin repo.

I am working on ver 11.2.0 and the main things are support for using "fanart1, fanart3, etc" in addition to extrafanart folders, and reducing the number of required addons, instead making them optional.  At this point there are a couple Kodi Nexus gui changes available, but nothing that requires a separate skin version.  However, there is a big gui change that affects certain languages.  Nexus will allow for improved rendering of text by implementing a "shaping" library.  This is important for certain languages that use complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic languages.  A goal of my mod is to be available for as many languages as possible.  Unfortunately, when I created the fonts for the skin mod, I didn't provide support within the font file for this advanced shaping.  So I need to build new fonts which will take some time.

scott s.
(2021-08-13, 23:11)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-08-11, 20:35)exyron Wrote: Thanks @scott967 .  I love to see mq5 in matrix but it not works in 19.1 only in 19.0.

Do you plan a solution for this any soon?

i hate the others skins.

great job.

Love for everyone.

thanks again.
You are going to have to provide specifics as what is not working.  The current version of this skin, which works in all releases and nightlies of Kodi 19/Matrix and the nightlies of Kodi 20/Nexus is 11.1.1.  The best way to install and keep updated is via the repo I have created.  This is mainly due to the number of addons that MQ5 was designed to work with, many of which have not been updated for Python 3.  I have as best I could gotten these addons updated unofficially and these unofficial matrix versions are in this skin repo.

I am working on ver 11.2.0 and the main things are support for using "fanart1, fanart3, etc" in addition to extrafanart folders, and reducing the number of required addons, instead making them optional.  At this point there are a couple Kodi Nexus gui changes available, but nothing that requires a separate skin version.  However, there is a big gui change that affects certain languages.  Nexus will allow for improved rendering of text by implementing a "shaping" library.  This is important for certain languages that use complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic languages.  A goal of my mod is to be available for as many languages as possible.  Unfortunately, when I created the fonts for the skin mod, I didn't provide support within the font file for this advanced shaping.  So I need to build new fonts which will take some time.

scott s.
Does not allow me to install 11.1 from your repository or directly from zip in Matrix 19.3 I get a dependency on python 2.1.0 could not be satisfied error

*update

I installed matrix 19.3 on a different computer and it allowed me to install the MQ5 Matrix skin. There must be something from the previous version of Kodi that I updated from that is causing issues but I want to be able to keep my library settings intact
New skin version 11.2.0 is available from my repo or on github.  See first post for links.

This release adds support for using the fanart[nn] naming convention for fanart slideshow, in addition to the existing extrafanart folder convention.  Go to skin settings / general to switch between conventions (there is also a quick link on the top menu in library views).

You should be using Artist Slideshow v3+ addon.

Artwork Downloader addon is no longer supported.

"Note:  there is a skin version for Nexus on github.  Checkout the 12.2.0 branch.  The only interesting change is addition of the "color picker" dialog for the improved Nexus subtitle rendering.  If you are a subtitle user, especially for non-latin script subs (example, Arabic or Indic) definitely give Nexus a try from Kodi master nightlies."

scott s.
This is a great skin for Matrix but was hoping to be able to have a few different options for media cases.  Any recommendations on how to change the media cases for something more HD and better logos?  Any help would be appreciated.
I love this skin. I installed it on Kodi 19.4 and it's working great. Regarding skin font, how can I change it to Arial-Based font like the one on Aeon 7 & 8.
(2022-06-16, 06:08)kim1406 Wrote: I love this skin. I installed it on Kodi 19.4 and it's working great. Regarding skin font, how can I change it to Arial-Based font like the one on Aeon 7 & 8.
MQ5 uses two ttf font files.

aeon_mainmenu.ttf is a condensed-width font with only upper case letters (latin, greek, and cyrillic scripts).
aeon_common.ttf is a normal width font with both upper and lower case.

Both of these fonts I have extensively modded to support all Kodi language scripts.

Looking at MQ8, it seems to use a number of different font files, I'm not sure which ones are most important.  But you can copy any those files from the skin "fonts" folder (or the Kodi "media/Fonts") into the MQ5 skin "fonts" folder and replace (rename) your preferred font ttf filename with aeon_common or aeon_mainmenu.  Keep in mind though that for aeon_mainmenu in particular, because it is condensed, you will probably have some text alignment issues.  Compared to the original MQ5, I have added a lot of "aligny - center" text layout so at least vertical alignment shouldn't be too bad.

I also have some fixes / improvements pulled back from Nexus that will be version 19.3.0 that I am releasing soon.

scott s.
This is by far still my favorite skin, but I continue to have a few problem areas it would be great to clear up:
  • When started up, the home screen defaults to the second option in my menu for some reason.  How can I get it to start on the first time in the home menu?
  • The interface seems to have completely forgotten about managing the "Now Playing" queue.  You can easily "Queue Item" from the context menu, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get to that "Now Playing" queue from the UI. It isn't in the context menu, it isn't available to add from "Customize Menu" and there's no "side bar" menu that I have figured out how to expand like the standard skin.  Even if you add it via a shortcut key or mucking with the XML files to add a custom context command for ActivateWindow(28) there doesn't seem to be an option to be able to save that queue as a Basic Playlist.  This is functionality integral to playlist management and available on the standard skin but, if Aeon MQ5 exposes it, I haven't found it yet.
I have some family issues to take care of, between now and new years might be difficult to make changes but I will investigate as I get time.

scott s.
No worries at all.  Actually, I finally found the "Save" option at the bottom of the third menu at the top.  Not where I expected it, but it is available.  Unless I missed it, I still had to manually mess with the XML files to be able to access the "Play Now" list at all though.
(2021-05-11, 22:50)scott967 Wrote: Will take a look and get back.
@scott967
Did you ever find the cause of this error? I'm running into the same with the (updated) Transparency! skin under Kodi 20.2. Looks like the deprecated xmbc.runscript is still used somewhere, but I cannot figure out where. See also https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3177559
@scott967
Figured out my issue: service.skin.widgets contains six calls to XBMC.RunScript in file default.py. These calls were apparently deprecated in Matrix and replaced by RunScript. Removing the XBMC. part resolved my error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 19 Matrix0