Kodi 19 dolby vision
Does kodi support dolby vision for windows yet?
I think i saw something in some patch notes about kodi being able to play HDR etc.
Short answer is no.

Longer answer is that while Windows 10 does now support Dolby Vision if you have the right GPU hardware, it is restricted to Store apps that use the UWP API's which it is not possible for us to use.

So for Kodi on Windows it is HDR10 only.
(2021-02-24, 19:33)jjd-uk Wrote: Short answer is no.

Longer answer is that while Windows 10 does now support Dolby Vision if you have the right GPU hardware, it is restricted to Store apps that use the UWP API's which it is not possible for us to use.

You mean like netflix? what store apps use dolby vision. What is the right GPU hardware?
Do you know if there is a way to run kodi 19, portably? I dont want to upgrade my old config.
(2021-02-25, 00:18)chrisssj2 Wrote: Do you know if there is a way to run kodi 19, portably?
Look here.
(2021-02-24, 19:33)jjd-uk Wrote: Short answer is no.

Does installing this make a difference? 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dolby-...verviewtab
No that is purely to allow DV by UWP apps such as Netflix.
(2021-02-26, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: No that is purely to allow DV by UWP apps such as Netflix.

Thanks for the reply. Since we are on the topic, is HDR10+ supported in Kodi for Windows? That's almost the same thing as Dolby Vision, right?
Windows does not support output of HDR10+ or HLG, if presented with either of those the output will be HDR10 which is what Kodi supports.
(2021-02-25, 16:45)PatK Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 00:18)chrisssj2 Wrote: Do you know if there is a way to run kodi 19, portably?
Look here.

I tried what you linked me too. and when I start kodi 19, it just dissppears from my taskbar, and nothing shows... any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 dolby vision0