tvOS Why No RetroPlayer in the official Matrix release?
Just wondering why its not included. I also dont see any emulators in the Games addon section, only controller profiles. I want to try out some roms & emulators on Matrix using the Apple TV 4 but I'm having a hard time getting IAGL link to my Retroarch. Hoping that retroplayer could help with that
(2021-02-25, 06:48)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: Just wondering why its not included. I also dont see any emulators in the Games addon section, only controller profiles. I want to try out some roms & emulators on Matrix using the Apple TV 4 but I'm having a hard time getting IAGL link to my Retroarch. Hoping that retroplayer could help with that

IAGL (or any other addon) can't externally launch games on iOS. See here.

Retroplayer might work, but you would likely need to build your own game.libretro addon (although I'm not sure if thats in the official iOS kodi repo or not) and any game addons you want to play.
(2021-02-25, 07:11)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 06:48)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: Just wondering why its not included. I also dont see any emulators in the Games addon section, only controller profiles. I want to try out some roms & emulators on Matrix using the Apple TV 4 but I'm having a hard time getting IAGL link to my Retroarch. Hoping that retroplayer could help with that

IAGL (or any other addon) can't externally launch games on iOS. See here.

Retroplayer might work, but you would likely need to build your own game.libretro addon (although I'm not sure if thats in the official iOS kodi repo or not) and any game addons you want to play.
Thanks for the link & the explanation. I have no clue on how to build my own libretro addon but I wish I did. Even when I was using Krypton, I didnt see any emulators there  either.
@Shinobi_Wan I've created enhanced "RetroPlayer" builds of the 19 release: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases...9-20210225 . A tvOS build is included.
(2021-03-01, 03:59)garbear Wrote: @Shinobi_Wan I've created enhanced "RetroPlayer" builds of the 19 release: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases...9-20210225 . A tvOS build is included.

Thats awesome! I'll give these a try. Wondering in general about the inclusion of game.libretro for ios and uwp (xbox, unsure if thats a seperate operating system?) officially in the future?
(2021-03-01, 05:39)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 03:59)garbear Wrote: @Shinobi_Wan I've created enhanced "RetroPlayer" builds of the 19 release: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases...9-20210225 . A tvOS build is included.

Thats awesome! I'll give these a try. Wondering in general about the inclusion of game.libretro for ios and uwp (xbox, unsure if thats a seperate operating system?) officially in the future?

Can these binary add-ons be downloaded in-app? If not, I could argue the official ios builds should get game.libretro. uwp isn't happy once your app starts playing games, so we're probably limited to sideloading custom builds. Should I start creating UWP builds too?
(2021-03-01, 07:00)garbear Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 05:39)zachmorris Wrote:

Can these binary add-ons be downloaded in-app? If not, I could argue the official ios builds should get game.libretro. uwp isn't happy once your app starts playing games, so we're probably limited to sideloading custom builds. Should I start creating UWP builds too?

If it's not allowed, that makes sense. I wasn't sure, since Retroarch is 'allowed' on both (although maybe only through side loading? I'm not extremely familiar).
(2021-03-01, 08:03)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 07:00)garbear Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 05:39)zachmorris Wrote: Thats awesome! I'll give these a try. Wondering in general about the inclusion of game.libretro for ios and uwp (xbox, unsure if thats a seperate operating system?) officially in the future?

If it's not allowed, that makes sense. I wasn't sure, since Retroarch is 'allowed' on both (although maybe only through side loading? I'm not extremely familiar).

I don't think it's an impediment in apple territory. do those allow downloading binary add-ons? should we ship game.libretro with any iOX releases?
(2021-03-01, 08:08)garbear Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 08:03)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 07:00)garbear Wrote: Can these binary add-ons be downloaded in-app? If not, I could argue the official ios builds should get game.libretro. uwp isn't happy once your app starts playing games, so we're probably limited to sideloading custom builds. Should I start creating UWP builds too?

I don't think it's an impediment in apple territory. do those allow downloading binary add-ons? should we ship game.libretro with any iOX releases?

Well, thats a good question. I do remember binary addons in the addon repository with "+ios" in the name, but they all seem to be gone now, so perhaps the requirements changed at some point (with Apple's TOU).

Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

Once again, thanks you for the release. Hopefully I can get this up & running on my ATV4

EDIT: Ok so I install the deb file from the github & everything works well but I ran into problems. I still cant configure my controller in settings/systems. When I go to Input, I only see Driver Settings & Enable controller support which the box is check & options for the Apple remote. I dont see a option to link my controller into Kodi. I also still cant run games because I need what @zachmorris  was saying is to build the emulators into binary addons. The only options that came up when running a game was Auto & & game called 2048 to link to retroplayer.

I remember downloading a bunch of emulators for Retroarch such as "nestopia_libretro_ios.dylib" in the Retroarch module but I have no clue how to build these into Games addons.
(2021-03-01, 18:27)Shinobi_Wan Wrote:

Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

Once again, thanks you for the release. Hopefully I can get this up & running on my ATV4

EDIT: Ok so I install the deb file from the github & everything works well but I ran into problems. I still cant configure my controller in settings/systems. When I go to Input, I only see Driver Settings & Enable controller support which the box is check & options for the Apple remote. I dont see a option to link my controller into Kodi. I also still cant run games because I need what @zachmorris  was saying is to build the emulators into binary addons. The only options that came up when running a game was Auto & & game called 2048 to link to retroplayer.

I remember downloading a bunch of emulators for Retroarch such as "nestopia_libretro_ios.dylib" in the Retroarch module but I have no clue how to build these into Games addons.

I might have a solution to that. I could add ios to this unofficial repository for game addons. So long as game.libretro is included in the build, i 'think' that would work (but I don't really fully understand the restrictions for the ios sandbox and if you can add executables outside of the installed package or not).
(2021-03-01, 19:46)zachmorris Wrote:

I might have a solution to that. I could add ios to this unofficial repository for game addons. So long as game.libretro is included in the build, i 'think' that would work (but I don't really fully understand the restrictions for the ios sandbox and if you can add executables outside of the installed package or not).
Thank you for that. I could give it a try later on to see if that will work. Getting the rom to boot will be a start but I dunno about playing the rom if I cant get the controller to link to kodi though

You cant
(2021-03-01, 22:05)Fuzzard Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 18:27)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

You cant

Well, that answers that. Thanks. I figured it was likely. iOS is pretty restrictive in general.
(2021-03-01, 22:05)Fuzzard Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 18:27)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

You cant
Yikes..well atleast we tried. I guess I have to continue my workaround then (Change the download path in IAGL & run the roms in Retroarch) Was hoping to run everything through Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why No RetroPlayer in the official Matrix release?0