Kodi 18.9 & TV Headend New Install Ubuntu
Bit of a linux noob but having trouble with installing Kodi 18.9 and the TVHeadend kodi client on Linux Lite (Ubuntu).

Want to stay with 18.9 as have a variety of Kodi installs around house (2 x OSMC on Raspberry Pi, couple of Windows PCs and now a low powered old minipc running Linux Lite) which can only currently run 18.9.

If I follow the normal method to install Kodi on the Linux box (sudo apt-get install software-properties-common,  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa,  sudo apt-get update sudo,  apt-get install kodi) I get version 19, so instead installed by using the ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old respository, which installs 18.9 fine. I then try to install the TVHeadend addin (kodi-pvr-hts), but receive an error. If I reenable ppa:team-xbmc/ppa, I can then download & install the TVHeadend addon, but it does not show in Kodi at all - there is no entry from PVR clients in My Addons at all.

I know this is a bit vague, but any ideas where I am going wrong?
The pvr addon from 19 is likely an api mismatch and not recognized in 18.9.  Also python 3 instead of 2. 

You'll need to purge version 19 packages and install 18.9 from old.  Not sure why hts pvr won't install.  You'll need to post a debug log to have someone determine the issue.

I have 19 installed on test machine but having crashes  so holding off on upgrade as well until I can sort the issues with 19.
(2021-02-27, 21:21)bluzee Wrote: The pvr addon from 19 is likely an api mismatch and not recognized in 18.9.  Also python 3 instead of 2. 

You'll need to purge version 19 packages and install 18.9 from old.  Not sure why hts pvr won't install.  You'll need to post a debug log to have someone determine the issue.

I have 19 installed on test machine but having crashes  so holding off on upgrade as well until I can sort the issues with 19.

Hello, same issue from my side, except it's 18.9 kodi version with ubuntu.

kodi-pvr-hts can be installed from apt but it refuses to be launched as it says that it is incompatible with kodi version...

Any solution ?

Thanks !
apt policy kodi-pvr-hts
(2021-04-12, 06:44)wsnipex Wrote: apt policy kodi-pvr-hts
Sorry for the french language :

kodi-pvr-hts:
  Installé : (aucun)
  Candidat : 8.2.4-1~focal
 Table de version :
     8.2.4-1~focal 500
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packa                                                                                        ges
     4.4.20-1 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/universe amd64 Packages

and when I try to install version 4.4.20-1 (previous version) :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
 kodi-pvr-hts : Dépend: kodi-api-pvr (= 5.10.3)

problem with a package version (kodi-api-pvr) which prevents to install kodi-pvr-hts
uninstall all kodi packages, remove the stable ppa, add the kodi-old ppa, install kodi and addons
OK I finally succeeded, I found and installed an old version of the package.
Thanks for the help.
(2021-04-12, 18:26)Schell63 Wrote: OK I finally succeeded, I found and installed an old version of the package.
Thanks for the help.
(2021-05-05, 17:03)Spleencheesemonkey Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 18:26)Schell63 Wrote: OK I finally succeeded, I found and installed an old version of the package.
Thanks for the help.

Hi.  Please could someone provide a step by step of how to do this?  I've just updated and it says tvheadend is not compatible  with this version of kodi and have been automatically disabled.  Thanks.
(2021-05-05, 17:03)Spleencheesemonkey Wrote:
Thanks for the help.

Hi.  Please could someone provide a step by step of how to do this?  I've just updated and it says tvheadend is not compatible  with this version of kodi and have been automatically disabled.  Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.9 & TV Headend New Install Ubuntu0