Scrape the main studio (not all)
Hi
Is is possible to just scrape a single studio, as the Kodi scrapers do?  Scraping multiple studios breaks the ability to display the studio icon.
Cheers
a) we take what we get from the scraper - if the scraper reports multiple studios for this movie/TV show tmm, takes this into its database
b) we split multiple studios into different <studio> tags in the NFO, so it is up to the skin which logo to display
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-03-01, 17:21)mlaggner Wrote: b) we split multiple studios into different <studio> tags in the NFO, so it is up to the skin which logo to display
It can't.

The skin requires a single studio entry to display a studio icon. - eg Lionsgate Films
If there are multiple studios, Kodi scans it into the database and you end up with... Lionsgate Films / Twentieth Century Fox / MGM / Imagine Entertainment / Paramount Pictures as an example, and the skin cannot parse a single studio. It looks at that whole string to match against a studio.

I thought this was raised and fixed a couple of years ago.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
well than the support of multiple studio tags inside the NFO is contra-productive!? Seeing that structure it looks like this is fully supported by Kodi
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Yes and no.

Kodi will display multiple studios... in text format
If users want the studio icon in a skin that supports icons, it needs to be a single studio only.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thankyou Karellen.

This would be a much welcomed addition to Tiny Media Manager, the ability yo just scrape the major studio to the NFO.  Would this be possible to implement?
probably no - this is not the right way Wink make things _wrong_ in tmm because of a missing function in Kodi...

BUT - we do have NFO writing settings (where just the serialization of the tmm data into the NFO can be _altered_). I may add an option there to only write 1 studio
(2021-03-02, 20:34)mlaggner Wrote: probably no - this is not the right way Wink make things _wrong_ in tmm because of a missing function in Kodi...

BUT - we do have NFO writing settings (where just the serialization of the tmm data into the NFO can be _altered_). I may add an option there to only write 1 studio

I'm not suggesting you should make this the default way of scraping studios.  But maybe a simple checkbox, for scape a single studio?  This would make it compatible to display studio icons in Kodi.
The Kodi scrapers have a setting "Add Multiple Studios" which is disabled by default.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_...on#General
My Signature
(2021-03-02, 20:34)mlaggner Wrote: probably no - this is not the right way Wink make things _wrong_ in tmm because of a missing function in Kodi...

Please do it optional. I like to get all production stuff and remove the ones I want. I love to be me who chose which one to keep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape the main studio (not all)0