Solved Media Information from Iso Files
@brazen1 and @tehax 
Dears,
could you do me a favour, go over into
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18702
and feed back there if you can confirm my observations (18.3=ok, 18.4=not ok)?

The More users feed back there the higher the likelyhood that this issue will be worked on! And the better we can locate the problem the easier for the developer to isolate the update that caused the Stream Details info to break.

Input from any other user is of course welcome as well!!

Thank you very much in advance and stay healthy!!
Hi Reelyator,
so i tested both and can confirm that with v18.3 iso scanning is working after playing the iso file. Before the scraper shows only the playtime or duration. This do not anymore work with v18.4!
For an extra comfort i worte long time ago somewhere a request to add a funktion that all metadata shoud be read by scraping the library folder. Unfortunately this feature or addon is missing until now.

Edit: There is also an little general issue. After playing an iso file the library shows instead of the video title following entry: "Play main title: 244", where 244 stays for the selected title. After switching back and forth from the library the entry is correct again.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
@tehax Can you confirm the build numbers (including the git revisions) and compilation dates for the two versions?  You can find that info under Settings->System Information.  Might help narrow things down even further.

Cheers.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-04-02, 12:01)black_eagle Wrote: @tehax Can you confirm the build numbers (including the git revisions) and compilation dates for the two versions?  You can find that info under Settings->System Information.  Might help narrow things down even further.

Cheers.
I only test the offical Kodi releases.
18.3: Git 20190619-89472b7d69 - 2019-06-28
18.4: Git 20190831-3ade758ce - 2019-09-01
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
Thanks.  I think it's more involved than just one PR unfortunately.  I think that there is a chain of things being removed/refactored/changed that ultimately lead to this regression.

I have some code that restores this functionality, but I need to discuss with other team members whether the approach is acceptable before raising a PR and getting everybody's hopes up.

##EDIT##

PR now raised https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19510
Thank you guys! Seems like this topic has now received some more attention. Nice!

I am not very familiar with the workflows on Github, could somebode pls explain, whaT a "PR" is??
(2021-04-04, 17:42)Reelyator Wrote: I am not very familiar with the workflows on Github, could somebode pls explain, whaT a "PR" is??

Sure.  PR = Pull Request.  It is a request to change some of the code and shows what will be added/removed.  That then gets reviewed by other team members and if the PR gets approval it is then 'merged' which means the changes are made to the core code.
Thank you @black_eagle black_eagle!
Glad to see, that this is worked on by people who know what they are doing (....i see that most of the comments in #19510 are far beyond what i can follow;-)
@Reelyator Thanks, whether I know what I am doing is debatable Smile I've updated the code earlier today which I hope will address the issues raised in the comments.
Quick update!

If this PR is accepted, it will work as follows
  • Only Blu-ray or DVD iso's or their associated directory structure (VIDEO_TS or BDMV directories) can have their stream details updated by playing them.
  • To avoid over-writing any stream details read from nfo files, stream details will only be set if they don't already exist in the db.
  • Stream details will be updated using the currently playing details when you stop the player.

What this means in essence is that the stream details will only be updated once.  So, if you play an iso etc and stop it on the intro or menu and it happens to have different audio and/or different aspect ratio etc then those are the details that will be saved.  It is therefore best to play the main feature with the options you want saving. e.g. if you can select DD5.1 and the default is DD2.0 then pick the one you want to see the flag for.

If any of you guys are Windows users and would like a test-build, please ask and I will trigger one.  It would be useful in any case to get some user feedback regarding this.

Cheers.
....this is amazing News @black_eagle !
I would volunteer to check a test build and provide feedback if that helps you.
(2021-04-06, 22:08)Reelyator Wrote: I would volunteer to check a test build and provide feedback if that helps you.

Thanks!  Test build is available here. Probably best to use portable mode so as not to disturb your current set-up. Details on how to do that if you need them are here.
....@black_eagle ok, i will let you know as soon as i have tried out. Give me a few days please, i cannot promise if i will find the time prior to the wekend.
The test build is working fine and I hope the pull request is honored.  I notice it is v20.  I was using v20 since inception but went back to Matrix a couple weeks ago because something screwy happened to Artist Slideshow and Embuary Helper.  Constant pop-up errors regarding those two addons.  Hopefully they are updated for v20 so it won't be so painful to use as a daily driver again especially if this iso fix will be available.  Of course I understand this is what development and test builds are for in the first place and appreciate the recent attention.  Big THANK YOU to everyone involved for fixing this iso metadata problem.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hello black_eagle,
i can confirm that this test build shows the iso infos again, good work for all involved guys to solve this issue Rofl .
One wish for the future from my side would be to scrape these infos automatc with help from a mounting tool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Information from Iso Files0