Default duplicate detection in Tvheadend HTSP Client
Hi

I'm running version 8.2.2 of the HTSP Client in Kodi 19 and tvheadend 4.2.8 on a Ubuntu 20.04 backend.

In the configuration for the HTSC Client there is a default duplicate detection setting. Currently you can't select any of the "This rule only" options that are available when you add a timer. I would like it to default to "This rule only: Record if description differs". But my only option is "Record if description differs".

I have two users set up with two different recording profiles. Each user can only see their own shows. That's exactly how I want it to work and it seems to work very well. However if both users choose to record the same show, only one of them records (because the timer is defaulted to "Record if description differs" and it looks across all users). If both timers are set up as "This rule only: Record if description differs" they will both record. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for these users. So I'd rather them not have to scroll down and select the correct setting each time they create a timer if possible.

Is there any chance the extra options could be added? Or am I missing something?

Many thanks!

PS I'm new to tvheadend and I must say - Great software! Really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it.
Something this specific would be better asked on the TVHeadend forums - https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

Whilst we provide PVR (wiki) interfaces and packaging for the server, the actual software itself is not provided by us.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-01, 13:04)DarrenHill Wrote: Something this specific would be better asked on the TVHeadend forums - https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

Whilst we provide PVR (wiki) interfaces and packaging for the server, the actual software itself is not provided by us.

Sorry about that - will do
Ok thanks - I'll ask there
(2021-03-01, 12:17)ajd@bunyip.net Wrote: Hi

I'm running version 8.2.2 of the HTSP Client in Kodi 19 and tvheadend 4.2.8 on a Ubuntu 20.04 backend.

In the configuration for the HTSC Client there is a default duplicate detection setting. Currently you can't select any of the "This rule only" options that are available when you add a timer. I would like it to default to "This rule only: Record if description differs". But my only option is "Record if description differs".

I have two users set up with two different recording profiles. Each user can only see their own shows. That's exactly how I want it to work and it seems to work very well. However if both users choose to record the same show, only one of them records (because the timer is defaulted to "Record if description differs" and it looks across all users). If both timers are set up as "This rule only: Record if description differs" they will both record. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for these users. So I'd rather them not have to scroll down and select the correct setting each time they create a timer if possible.

Is there any chance the extra options could be added? Or am I missing something?

Many thanks!

PS I'm new to tvheadend and I must say - Great software! Really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it.

Fixed with pvr.hts 8.2.3 => https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/496

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default duplicate detection in Tvheadend HTSP Client0