V4 - Any way to not alter nfo on "update data source"
I've used v3 for years and finally switched to v4 - I'm happy to pay to upgrade to Pro but..

I noticed when I added my sources and you perform update for the first time, TMM is taking an age as it's going through and altering each and every nfo for every single episode.

I've been through the settings but can't find anywhere to disable this.  Have I missed something?
not yet.. I've discovered this too recently. The source of this is the repeated request of putting mediainfo data into the NFO and since mediainfo is being done after update datasources, this is not seen as the internal import internally

Do you think writing the NFO slows things down? IIRC the first scan in 4.1 is a bit slower since there are some changes we need to capture to detect "exchanged" video files (e.g. version A of the episodes is being replaces by version B)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I also noticed this a couple of days ago.  I thought it was some mistake at that time, but reading I am realizing it wasn't.

@mlaggner I think it slows down.  Having to write all nfo when working with google drive will take a lot of time for sure.  Besides, it changes nfo date and when doing a rclone sync, it copies replace again all the nfo...  Would be better if it doesn't change nfo at all.

Said so, It is not a serious problem and I can live with it at all if it doesn't have any solution.

Regards,
This has made the application unusable for me.

What I had to eventually do just to get my library imported was click "update sources" for each source and then abort when it got to the "getting mediainfo" bit when was incredibly tedious for multiple sources.

I perform 1:1 backups and this will screw up the last modified date on every nfo, it's also killing the app as I have a LOT of episodes in my db.  

What is the point in this, and why can't you disable it?  I've gone from a happy user about to pay to upgrade to pro to someone who's unable to use it at all.
this should be changed/fixed in the next release - I found a workaround
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-03-02, 19:02)mlaggner Wrote: this should be changed/fixed in the next release - I found a workaround
Great news, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
V4 - Any way to not alter nfo on "update data source"0