multiple episodes in an iso file
I have several tv programs stored as multiple episodes in one iso file. They are all named something like program_1x1-2-3-4.iso. This results in four entries in the library, one for each of the four episodes. In KODI v18 clicking on any one of the four would bring up the internal iso menu. Selecting an entry there would play the appropriate episode. In v19 in occasionally works the same way but usually clicking on the library entry displays a green screen. It is blank, i.e. no text, except for an episode selector that can be moved to four positions. It doesn't matter which position is selected as hitting play will play the last episode.
I have a similar problem and scrapped some of the files again. Only the first episode shows up now instead of all.
In the example from weaverdr i have only an entry for program_1x1.
The other 3 are missing and i dont know how to add them.
When using an iso with multiple episodes, a Kodi playlist menu should appear and you make a selection.  A playlist usually contains 800, 801, 802 as the selections.  These pertain to episodes 1, 2, and 3 for example.  A 2nd disc for the series would present the same 800, 801, 802 playlists but would pertain to episodes 4, 5, and 6.  Now that Kodi handles iso's, you can be presented with the actual BD menu on the disc(s).  They will be listed as the episode numbers and name of the episode - identical as if it was playing through a dedicated BD player with the physical disc.

If you've properly named the disc iso file(s) (per episodes and per season for episodes), Kodi will scrape each episode per season displaying all relevant metadata including artwork.  If you've setup Kodi to display and play your iso just as it would in a BD player, you simply select your episode from the disc layout.  It won't matter which episode you select in the Kodi library.  It's going to present you the BD layout and you do the actual selection from there.  If you select your episode from the Kodi playlist menu, it will playback your selection but without the BD menu.  'Main title only' so to speak.

I don't know how you ever managed to name an iso, have Kodi scrape individual episodes, and simply click the episode in your library and it started playing that unique episode?  Perhaps you're not referring to a BD menu type disc with BD folders and files contained in the iso - extras, subtitles, audios, scenes, and all the custom graphic presentations a retail disc offers?  Maybe you just copied some mkv's or something and put them inside an iso?  Don't know... you weren't clear about that or your naming convention, etc.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-03-03, 10:47)icerno78 Wrote: I have a similar problem and scrapped some of the files again. Only the first episode shows up now instead of all.
In the example from weaverdr i have only an entry for program_1x1.
The other 3 are missing and i dont know how to add them.
You must name the files to tell KODI what episodes they contain. The file names need to be anything_seasonxepisode-episode...-episode.iso. for example "fliging_high_2x5-6-7-8.iso". Would be season 2 episodes 5, 6, 7, and 8. Put these files in a folder with a name match of the program as listed in thetvdb.com. For example "Twelve O'Clock High". In KODI select the folder, right click, and set these options: content tv shows, scraper tvdb, and folder contains one show. When you exit the setup KODI will ask if you want to rescape.

Ok, I got playback working. In setup select "player" and check the following three options: 1) Adjust display refresh rate is off, 2) Render method is DXVA, and 3) Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 is off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple episodes in an iso file0