Scrapping Question
Hello,

Firstly, thank you to all the people who will read my subject and for the people who have works to make XBMC/KODI.
Like many people, i have primarily used THETVDB as scrapper for my TV Show and so i'm sad to see it's not free anymore because i have given some time to help fill some tv show.

Two weeks ago, i have lose my data (comprised of kodi database, tv show, personnal files and work files).
Sadly the only things i have failed to retrieve was my Kodi database and some unimportant files.
So i'm coming today to you to found some answers to question i havee.
  • Which scrapper is the closest to TheTVDB database to scrap my TV Show ?
  • Can i export the database to have .nfo file or similar info if i can't connect to the site where i have take all the data/fanart ?
  • If the answer above is yes, if i take a subscription to TheTVDB for 1 Year and scrap my tv show (almost 85% are complete and finished). I can export and cancel the suscription after a year ?
  • If the answer is not, do you know of some site who have a database of .nfo files for Cartoon/Manga/Anime/TV Show
Thank you again for each people who will read and give answer

Ps : I know a lot of these subject are appearing so maybe the answers were already given and so i express my sincere apologies if it was answered
We are currently having discussions with TVDB about their migration/update.

At the moment, they are writing their own Kodi scraper, as the current one will cease to work when they make the migration (or more accurately when they switch off the current API access afterwards). The current agreement is that this scraper should continue to allow Kodi users to have access to the data and to scrape information. It will have the option to add a subscription key, but for at least basic (current) functionality it should still work without one.

But that scraper is still being written (by them), so until it is actually completed and provided to us for testing then we cannot guarantee anything. But our aim is to try and ensure that our users will still have the option to use their database (and the information that many of the users have provided for it) without having to pay a subscription.

In any case the current scrapers will continue to work until the API is turned off, which won't be in the very near future I think.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you @DarrenHill for your answer.

So the problem i'm encountering isn't linked to their API closed (maybe a change on the name on their site, who say).
Will post various Log (one from Kodi 18.9 on a raspberry who has access directly to media and one from Kodi 19.0 on windows PC who access media by webdav) on another subject if needed (the time for the two to scrap again).

Because i'm starting a new database, i don't have database to have access in the future, that why i was wondering these various question.
So to be sure i have correctly understand all the subject.
  • TheTVDB API is accessible for the moment
  • Kodi and TheTVDB staff are in dialog for maintaining the data accessible for Kodi user (old like new)
  • The two extension of TVDB are not maintained
  • TheTVDB are coding their proper Kodi scrapper
Now will search more information about exporting/Importing databse because i have found a subject who seem to give me yes as answer.
Thanks for your time
Correct. At the moment, everything is working with the existing scrapers currently in the repo.

In the future that will change when the current APIs are turned off, but that itself won't happen until the new v4 API is ready and also the new scraper linked to it is created and functional. TVDB are interested in the data of who is watching (or at least scraping) what within Kodi, so they will not cut that data stream off prematurely.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks @DarrenHill 

Seem the problem at first glance is from Webdav (file are accessible) Logs

Maybe a need to wait network, will see and it's probably better i open a new subject

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapping Question0