Noob here, looking for help with NFO files / getting some shows to scrape correctly.
The wiki only helps so much. I have recently got into Kodi and have everything hooked up, libraries setup, and all my movies and most of my shows show up just fine. However, under shows I have The Pacific and Band of Brothers. Neither is scraping correctly regardless of how I name the episodes, I tried most of the ways listed in the wiki.

I've noticed if I only have one series on the server it shows up under some random 'Show of shows' from the 1950s. I'm able to go in and manually relabel it to The Pacific and it will scrape the internet based on that and work perfectly. However, once I add the Band of Brothers folder back to the server, it automatically thinks it's another episode 1, episode 2, etc. Each show has 10 episodes, so they show it shows up as a duplicate episode under The Pacific even though it has a different run time, its in a different folder, etc. Now if I add both shows to the server and refresh, it will throw all 20 episodes, 10 from each season, under this 1950s "Show of shows.' Once I update the title for one, it throws them all back under The Pacific again. It's infuriating.

I've tried creating a parsing .nfo file but I guess that would be too easy! 

I'm now trying my hand at creating the tvshow.nfo and the episode .nfo files but still struggling. I've followed the naming guides and ensures I entered all the required info... I.E. the tvshow.nfo contains the episode guide url (the URL that you click when you click the TVDB 'episodes' link under the show) and the unique IDs of all shows and episodes. I've copied my tvshow.nfo file below, along with one episode .nfo below it. Please for the love of god, halp! lol

<tvshow>
    <title>The Pacific</title>
    <plot></plot>
    <userrating></userrating>
    <mpaa></mpaa>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">85539</uniqueid>
    <genre></genre>
    <premiered></premiered>
    <status></status>
    <studio></studio>
    <actor>
        <name></name>
        <role></role>
        <order></order>
        <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
    <namedseason number="1"></namedseason>
</tvshow>
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-pacific

<episodedetails>
    <title></title>
    <showtitle></showtitle>
    <userrating></userrating>
    <plot></plot>
    <runtime></runtime>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true"></uniqueid>
    <credits></credits>
    <director></director>
    <aired></aired>
    <actor>
        <name></name>
        <role></role>
        <order></order>
        <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
</episodedetails>

Episodes 2-10 are set to FALSE for unique ID type.
(2021-03-04, 06:48)Weioo Wrote: I've noticed if I only have one series on the server it shows up under some random 'Show of shows' from the 1950s.
It sounds like your Source is incorrectly set. Have a quick read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Source_folder

Once you get that right, you won't need to create your own NFO files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-04, 07:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 06:48)Weioo Wrote: I've noticed if I only have one series on the server it shows up under some random 'Show of shows' from the 1950s.
It sounds like your Source is incorrectly set. Have a quick read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Source_folder

Once you get that right, you won't need to create your own NFO files.
Hmmm, how can this be if my other shows are showing up just fine?
Also to be clear, I have my folders and sources setup as required. xxxx/Movies and xxxx/Shows and xxxx/Music
I think it's correct anyway, but I'm the noob.
(2021-03-04, 07:50)Weioo Wrote: Also to be clear, I have my folders and sources setup as required. xxxx/Movies and xxxx/Shows and xxxx/Music
Ok, then create a Debug Log which captures you scraping these two shows, and it should show me where the problem is.

I still think you have a problem with the way you set up your sources. Please confirm that you read that page and your setup is correct.
The "Show of shows" is the closest match to your xxxx\Shows so it indicates that is where the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-04, 08:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 07:50)Weioo Wrote: Also to be clear, I have my folders and sources setup as required. xxxx/Movies and xxxx/Shows and xxxx/Music
Ok, then create a Debug Log which captures you scraping these two shows, and it should show me where the problem is.

I still think you have a problem with the way you set up your sources. Please confirm that you read that page and your setup is correct.
The "Show of shows" is the closest match to your xxxx\Shows so it indicates that is where the problem is.

Alright man thanks so much for the help, I seem to have got it working correctly! It seems I had a source for each folder (movies, shows, music) but I still had the parent directory to those set as a source from previously. I removed that parent directory from the sources and rescanned....aaaaaand BoB jumped into the pacific series, lol. I placed my NFO files back in there and everything seems to be working now. I also didnt have the TVDB scraper installed so apparently I was trying to scrape for nothing before. Installing that add-on and fixing my nfo files seemed to do the trick.

I'm still confused though. I have 5 different mini series in there but only BoB and The Pacific gave me such a hard time. I even have the other series files named Part 1 - Title.mkv. But for these two shows I had to give it the official naming S01E01, do the 11 nfo files, etc. I wonder why.
(2021-03-04, 20:11)Weioo Wrote: Alright man thanks so much for the help, I seem to have got it working correctly!
Great!!

(2021-03-04, 20:11)Weioo Wrote: I'm still confused though. I have 5 different mini series in there but only BoB and The Pacific gave me such a hard time. I even have the other series files named Part 1 - Title.mkv. But for these two shows I had to give it the official naming S01E01, do the 11 nfo files, etc. I wonder why.
All episodes need official naming. The nfo file does not play any part in the season and episode numbering. As for the "Part 1" episodes, I have no idea why they scraped and I would need more info.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...sode_Files
My Signature
(2021-03-04, 06:48)Weioo Wrote:  
I use Media Center Master.  Set the options to Kodi and let it pull all the info you need automatically.
(2021-03-06, 16:11)drmark1 Wrote: I use Media Center Master.  Set the options to Kodi and let it pull all the info you need automatically.
That would not have helped in this case. Also, unless MCM has been updated in the last year, I recall that their nfo files are not compatible with Kodi.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob here, looking for help with NFO files / getting some shows to scrape correctly.0