Android alternatives to KODI that can autostart a playlist of video upon opening?
After 20 years I think its time to move on. The python update broke the ONLY add-on left that can accomplish this feature. There is no more autoexec.py that works for video playlists anymore.

Any other alternative to this on Android?
(2021-03-04, 21:17)JetJaguar Wrote: The python update broke the ONLY add-on left that can accomplish this feature.

And which add-on is that?
(2021-03-04, 21:21)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 21:17)JetJaguar Wrote: The python update broke the ONLY add-on left that can accomplish this feature.

And which add-on is that?

Partymode autostart. He actually started working on it for v19 in the past 24 hours (or at least posted on github)... I dont know if you had anything to do with that but thank you regardless!
Credit where it's due - click
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-04, 21:17)JetJaguar Wrote: There is no more autoexec.py that works for video playlists anymore.
It was replaced by autoexec service. All functions are still there... https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec_Service
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-05, 21:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 21:17)JetJaguar Wrote: There is no more autoexec.py that works for video playlists anymore.
It was replaced by autoexec service. All functions are still there... https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec_Service

I was trying for hours to get it to start a video playlist upon entering Kodi using this. Could not get it to work.

Anyways, special thanks to elbowz and outsideset (and Kodi devs), elbowz was cool enough to let me test it already and it works great. He said he will push in to official repo in about a week. So im stickin.

Thanks again everyone. Sorry for the first post I was incredibly frustrated (rebuilt library about 5 times testing it out before dev came in... thank god he did lol).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android alternatives to KODI that can autostart a playlist of video upon opening?0