Dutch translation for MediaStream
Good idea,

How old is the dutch translation for XBMC?
Could be useful to PM the main/last translator for some tips ect.
Start a thread..., would be a nice timing because of atlantis

P.s, I'm off for the weekend, I will check the forum when I'm back
It's not that old.. last update was 18th August.

There are several contributers to it..

_MsG_
Mavbaby
mathijs.groothuis(at)gmail_com

If you decide to do this, then maybe contact the other authors or make a post on the forums about it.

Also the most important part, use this english file to translate from
Thanks for the info, blittan. I will contact those gentlemen.

I like IIINeOIIINL's idea of having the translation perfect before the final Atlantis release.
Hi Folks,

I made some corrections consirning the use of capitols.
For the rest it's the same as version 4. link
Take a look..is it worth to put this one into the SVN (I think so Wink)

According to Blittan the dutch translation is not too old, infect I took a look but didn't find anything disturbing Credits for that!!.

Except for the translation (XBMC translationfile) of string: 20412 and 20421 (related). The translation sentence is longer then the English one. The result is that both strings are overlapping in each other. (Happens almost with every skin) This happens on xbox by the way, not on PC because the higher resolution. I've scratch my :confused2: about it, but couldn't find a better/shorter translation then the current.

Someone a better translation, or maybe changing the way to present this menu option (mediastream featurerequest)
Added to svn, thanks..

Also the width of the strings are sometimes a pain..

There has been discussion of making stuff resizable depending on length, but it won't happen til after Atlantis, and we come up with a good solution of it.
Blittan Thanks!

Nice to hear the problem has been taken care off Cool
We wait in patience, us foreign guys..
You read my mind on the capitals thing, IIINeOIIINL Rolleyes I wanted to adapt it this evening, thanks for taking care of that.

Another thing i noticed is that some skin options gave me de English translation instead of the Dutch one with the new MediaStream release.

IIINeOIIINL, can you check that on your xbox?
Forgot to mention:

It must be due to new added strings in the v0.88 release. I cannot check atm, but will do that asap.
As i had little to do at work, i had time to update the Dutch translation already. It includes the new strings added to MediaStream v0.88

updated

(Based on IIINeOIIINL's v4.5)
Thanks Dyna, Big Grin I forgot to take a look at those, I'm going to test this version. Great job!

You compared the dutch with the english .xml to find the new added strings (0.88)..?
Yep Nod

Due to the Panel Stream view they introduced some new strings.
added to svn, thanks
Another update due to MediaStream v0.89 :

updated
Thanx Dyna Cool

Tested it, and aprove Nod

Only thing I noticed from the translations from day one is that in the "Skin settings -> backgrounds" every word is beginning with a capitol. I checked the English translation and it was the same. Maybey the sentence are build up from several strings...?

Somebody any idea?
Yep, each of them are created from 4 smaller strings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dutch translation for MediaStream0