• 15(current)
Android Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?
(2022-03-06, 10:26)Draconix Wrote: It has been a long time, but it looks like this issue has finally been solved with the Matrix 19.4 release. It's finally safe to move on from 18.9 Leia, huge thank you to the Kodi developers!

Sadly it's not. I'm trying everything, literally everything but I'm still getting judder on my shield 2019 with the passthrough enabled. Without it, the video runs perfectly. Also, Plex is working with no issue so something has to be wrong on kodi side
Shield EXPERIENCE 9.0.2 with the 3rd Hotfix has almost eliminated the stutter. I'm in KODIFOO 19.3 and the latest NEXUS nightly. All is playing flawlessly except 4K HDR with uncompressed ATMOS which is now down to only 1 or 2 minor skips per movie.
I’am a new member so be nice lol. I have been using Kodi for years but never really registered or got involved in the Kodi community until now. I also have had issues with Kodi 19 all versions with the video skipping and also my cache kept dumping to 0 after about 10 mins of streaming a video. I tried all maintenance wizards and all configurations and still was getting cache dumps and frame skips. So I reverted to 18.9 till it got fixed. Well I just installed 19.4 and it seems SO FAR no cache dumps and frame skips. Maybe a few skips here and there but nothing like on the previous 19 builds. I pray this is fixed for the most part. 👍
@Elvisp1174 - generally speaking, most of the "maintenance wizards" are better avoided. It is often the case that they can cause more harm than good, especially for people who don't really understand how things work and just try them blind. Also many are linked to repos or other addons which are on our banned addons (wiki) list. If that is the case then access to support here is invalidated and not offered.

Good to hear that you're up and running, but maybe bear the above in mind as a word to the wise...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have the shield pro 2019 with kodi 19.4 and i have also framedrops time to time.
I noticed that this is only if i use a kodi skin like aeon nox or other skins.
Are there more people have this isue with skins?
I’ve had issues with matrix as well, tried foo and tried 19.4, but trying 18.9 and it works perfectly including audio and hdr.
(2022-06-19, 18:35)PanTadeush Wrote: I’ve had issues with matrix as well, tried foo and tried 19.4, but trying 18.9 and it works perfectly including audio and hdr.

Not that perfect, unfortunately, but better than 19.4 and foo. No idea where to go from here.
(2022-06-19, 22:45)PanTadeush Wrote:
(2022-06-19, 18:35)PanTadeush Wrote: I’ve had issues with matrix as well, tried foo and tried 19.4, but trying 18.9 and it works perfectly including audio and hdr.

Not that perfect, unfortunately, but better than 19.4 and foo. No idea where to go from here.
It's time to say last rites on the NVIDIA SHIELD as a player for local content. They had a great run but have been overtaken in this respect. I've moved on to the Zidoo ZX9 and am enjoying FLAWLESS playback of 4K HDR/DV (LLD) with uncompressed ATMOS/DTS X. The SHIELD will stay in my rack as a streamer but it is the most expensive streamer in the world and would not advise it for someone buying new, as there are far cheaper options for that limited use.

Although there is a KODI fork for the Zidoo lineup, I have not tried it as ZIDOO"s HT4 application is a more than worthy replacement. I'm almost glad that NVIDIA did not make a 2021 version and that the ANDROID 11 rollout was such a disaster. It forced me out of my comfort zone to find an alternative. I would have been happy just to get back a stutter free movie watching experience. I got this and gained LOW LATENCY DOLBY VISION on ALL my content!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?0