• 4(current)
Android Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?
Intresting, never would have thought it was to do with the audio.

I reverted to 18.9 and had no issues (as reported)

Ive just tested 19.1 again and your right, better success turning Audio options off.

I have just a 'normal' 1080 TV, no 4K, AVR or anything special etc. Shield sound settings were all set as Auto

Passthrough on Kodi is normally turned off so I turned it on and deactivated TrueHD and DTS = Skipping

Turned off all options 1by1 = Skipping

All options off = No skipping (well, 3 right at very start of the playback but nothing after)

I then ran the same test on a large file (40GB 4K TrueHD) with exactly the same results.

So for me then its just a case of turning on Passthrough but turning off all options. Who'd have thunk it!

Edit: It is intresting though that I didnt have these issues when using Jellyfin, only when moving back 'local'. I beleve that JF just 'hijacks' the Kodi database but Kodi sees and treats the file it receives the same as if it were local?
Ok, great. Let’s wait for other guys to confirm this.

Maybe your Jellyfin installation transcoded audio/video?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-05-16, 16:27)hoppel118 Wrote: Ok, great. Let’s wait for other guys to confirm this.

Maybe your Jellyfin installation transcoded audio/video?

Regards Hoppel

It was all 'Direct Play' (hence using Kodi as the frontend) as I don't have the hardware for any transcoding. The only difference I can think is that Kodi was playing them thinking it was coming over http. Any cache settings in advancedsettings.xml all had to be for internet streams etc and the database paths are filled with 'https://...' rather than 'nfs://...'.

It could be that the passthrough options are bypassed or arent used or referenced when Kodi plays non-local streams? It would still play them no matter what, as that's what it does.

Also thanks for the nod towards the audio settings, never would I have thought to change them and so far things are still working as expected, no need to downgrade to 18!
While the test I did previously, setting the Shield to 60Hz, ironed out much of the stuttering, there were still some of it left. Then I tried the above, disabling HD sound, and that seemed to have done the trick, albeit now Atmos is gone, so one has to choose, stellar sound or picture.
Ive had to drop back to 18.9 again. Worked for a bit with minimal dropped frames but booted up today and they are all back.

I pulled down my test files locally to rule out any incinsistancies but nadda, still the same.

18.9 will have to be the norm for now.
Too many 'me too' posts and not enough debug logs.
Hi, I also have stuttering. And It annoys me enough too create an account to share my log file.

I made a fresh install two hours ago, and tested a 2 minute portion of a film that show particularly well the problem. Oxygène
 at 00:48.

The shield and kodi are in 60hz and auto-adjust the framerate is on. Passthrough and HD sound are enabled. It doesn't change a thing if DTS-HD and True-HD are off.

Hope this help @Hitcher or anyone who can decypher this.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ejonorayit.kodi
Having the same stutter issues with Matrix.
(2021-03-24, 18:57)frankdoo Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 22:32)kaufman Wrote: I was also getting frame drops/skips with my Shield Pro 2019. Reverted back to the previous version. No problems with 18.9.
Same Problem here with mkv's ans some mp4 via NFS. But is not only the Shield is also my Android TV (TCL)
Hope they fix it soon.
Kodi 19.0 had problem with NFS on Nvidia Shield Pro. Frames would skip etc... so I had to use SMB shares. With Kodi 19.1 NFS is back to work perfectly. Also if you use NAS server (I use "Openmediavault" 5) make sure you are NOT running Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.3-amd64; bad Kernel.
(2021-04-02, 19:24)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi,

I also see frame skips since Kodi 19, while it works as expected with Kodi 18.

What do we need to do to get this fixed? Is a normal debug log enough or do we have to activate some specific component logging?

Hardware/Software:
  • LG OLED65C97LA: 05.00.10
  • Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro: 8.2.2 (directly connected to the tv)
  • Sonos Arc: 13.0 (connected via eARC to the tv)

Do we already have an issue on Github for this?

Regards Hoppel
Where is your media (movies, TV_Shows etc...) stored?
(2021-05-23, 12:22)andrzejls Wrote: Where is your media (movies, TV_Shows etc...) stored?

Hi,

my media (dvd, bluray, 4k-bluray, 4k dolby vision) is stored on an openmediavault server (debian). All my files are in mkv format. This nas solution serves nfs and smb. It makes no difference which protocol I use.

The server itself has a 10GBit-link to my switch, the nvidia shield 2019 pro has a 1GBit-link.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-05-23, 20:54)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 12:22)andrzejls Wrote: Where is your media (movies, TV_Shows etc...) stored?

Hi,

my media (dvd, bluray, 4k-bluray, 4k dolby vision) is stored on an openmediavault server (debian). All my files are in mkv format. This nas solution serves nfs and smb. It makes no difference which protocol I use.

The server itself has a 10GBit-link to my switch, the nvidia shield 2019 pro has a 1GBit-link.

Regards Hoppel
WOW, you have "sweet" setup. I also use OMV 5 and (5) Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. My Intranet is based on ASUS RT-AC68U (Access Point mode) and Asus RT-AC1900P as main (all hardwired) and both with Merlin. I am stomped, you should have no issues at all. I have none and my movies, TV_Shows are also mkv files. With Kodi 19.0 there was a problem with NFS but 19.1 fix this issue. The only thing I can think of is that your 10GBit ling is to fast and Nvidia cannot "digest" that much data in given time.
One more thing; for database I use MariaDB, not MySQL set-up through Portainer.
Does this build eliminate the microstutter/frame skips?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018
No.

(2021-06-01, 07:52)hoppel118 Wrote: No.

Thanks I guess we're all just waiting until someone can decipher what the issue is?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?0