v19 Amber on Matrix - Seekbar for next episode
Hi Bart,

Bit the bullet today and installed my Shield Pro which I had lying around for some time. Did a clean Kodi 19 Matrix install with Amber from the Kodi repo, then updated with the latest version of Amber on GitHub (the master branch) to version 3.4.13.

All works perfectly including all the fixes you've done lately except showing the seekbar when the next episode is starting. Was this change not yet added to Amber on Matrix?

Noticed you announced that you'll focus on Amber for Matrix from now on, educated guess from me to move to the new version today Big Grin.
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21 Omega (RC-2), Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2021-03-07, 00:17)RyFeR Wrote: Hi Bart,

Bit the bullet today and installed my Shield Pro which I had lying around for some time. Did a clean Kodi 19 Matrix install with Amber from the Kodi repo, then updated with the latest version of Amber on GitHub (the master branch) to version 3.4.13.

All works perfectly including all the fixes you've done lately except showing the seekbar when the next episode is starting. Was this change not yet added to Amber on Matrix?

Noticed you announced that you'll focus on Amber for Matrix from now on, educated guess from me to move to the new version today Big Grin.
@RyFeR , I will check to see if I missed some updates.  More to come on this.

Regards,

bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@RyFeR , I looked and the code is the same for Amber for Leia and Amber for Matrix for the seek bar.  However, in Leia the seek bar shows up for 2.5 seconds when the next video starts, but in Matrix it does not.  So I guess there are changes in Kodi Matrix that affect this. 

I figured out (with some help) another way to do this in Matrix that seems to work well.  The changes are already on GitHub.  By the way, now the seek bar will be shown for the amount of seconds that you define in the skin options.  The only downside of this way is that the seek bar will also be shown for the last second of playback of a video.  I think this is a decent tradeoff, but please test it and let me know if this is OK with you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-10, 21:59)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I looked and the code is the same for Amber for Leia and Amber for Matrix for the seek bar.  However, in Leia the seek bar shows up for 2.5 seconds when the next video starts, but in Matrix it does not.  So I guess there are changes in Kodi Matrix that affect this. 

I figured out (with some help) another way to do this in Matrix that seems to work well.  The changes are already on GitHub.  By the way, now the seek bar will be shown for the amount of seconds that you define in the skin options.  The only downside of this way is that the seek bar will also be shown for the last second of playback of a video.  I think this is a decent tradeoff, but please test it and let me know if this is OK with you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

The seekbar is now shown when auto-playing the next episode but only when I let the episode play out. If (for instance during the end-credits) I skip to the next episode the seekbar (and thus the additional episode info) is still not shown. If this could also be added that would be great.

As for the behaviour, could this be a Kodi issue / bug? In Leia, Kodi was controlling to show the seekbar on the next episode (by auto-play next episode or skip to next episode), even the time the seekbar was displayed could not be changed (so Kodi controlled). In Matrix, Kodi is not showing it at all and you needed to provide a workaround.

Thanks for looking into this!

Very happy with the change and do not mind the seekbar popping up at the last second of an episode (most episodes have credits and I'm skipping those

(2021-03-11, 18:11)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 21:59)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I looked and the code is the same for Amber for Leia and Amber for Matrix for the seek bar.  However, in Leia the seek bar shows up for 2.5 seconds when the next video starts, but in Matrix it does not.  So I guess there are changes in Kodi Matrix that affect this. 

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

The seekbar is now shown when auto-playing the next episode but only when I let the episode play out. If (for instance during the end-credits) I skip to the next episode the seekbar (and thus the additional episode info) is still not shown. If this could also be added that would be great.

As for the behaviour, could this be a Kodi issue / bug? In Leia, Kodi was controlling to show the seekbar on the next episode (by auto-play next episode or skip to next episode), even the time the seekbar was displayed could not be changed (so Kodi controlled). In Matrix, Kodi is not showing it at all and you needed to provide a workaround.

Very happy with the change and do not mind the seekbar popping up at the last second of an episode (most episodes have credits and I'm skipping those
@RyFeR , could you please try the latest from Git? I think this should cover the scenario of you skipping to the next episode.  The time the seekbar is shown might be off by one second in some cases.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-03-11, 18:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 18:11)RyFeR Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

@RyFeR , could you please try the latest from Git? I think this should cover the scenario of you skipping to the next episode.  The time the seekbar is shown might be off by one second in some cases.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Your latest fix works perfectly, now also when skipping to the next episode the seekbar is shown (for the approx time specified in the options).

Let's leave it at this, if something changes with the way Kodi Matrix is handling the seekbar and it interferes with the workaround I'll open a new thread.

Thx as always!

@RyFeR , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber on Matrix - Seekbar for next episode0