Solved Newbie - scraping problem
Hallo,
i am new to Kodi, but try to get a Movie series (maybe it is called a "TV Show" ??, i am not native english, so i am confused with british and american expressions what is what) scraped in Kodi
Example: i got a movie(?) called "Game of Thrones S01E01.mkv"
i can add it in movies or series .. which seems the same effect. i can play it and even watch it remote from my amazon fire stick. Works !
Now i would like to get the scraping done. I did as the many "How to add video sources" and chose "Movies" and made sure scraper is the phyton thingy which is recommended (and checked - surprisingly this movie is contained, when i enter via web!)
Event log reports all movies as "not found" no matter what they are called.
Kodi-Wiki now says the "... only the SxxExx is used from the filename .. " so i asked myself where Kodi gets the name (="Game of Thrones") from ? (Wiki does not tell that)
Nevertheless i should be complaint to the file naming convention (or not ? What exactly is the "name" may it contain spaces and dots ? are there requirements for folder name that i didnt observe, i even named the ").
i used the standard setting for all things ... did not change much ... in the beginning ... then i tried to use every thinkable combination of settings and names of files / folders.
Re-doing the scan i nevertheless always get the "not found" in the event log
of Course i use the newest version of all (Kodi 19 Matrix, Win 10 up2date, and yes i have a working internet connection in case you should doubt)

i am puzzeled ... what did i do wrong ?
Best regards
Game of Thrones is definitely NOT a movie... Movies are single videos, while TV shows have a multitude of episodes for one or more seasons.

You will need to know the difference for your videos when setting the correct content and thus scraper to your media collection, or it's going to be one big mess.
(2021-03-07, 16:59)Klojum Wrote: Game of Thrones is definitely NOT a movie... Movies are single videos, while TV shows have a multitude of episodes for one or more seasons.

You will need to know the difference for your videos when setting the correct content and thus scraper to your media collection, or it's going to be one big mess.
Thank you for your hint.
i changed the source now to "TV show" and the scraper to "TMDb TV Shows" .... but updating the scan again the event log shows "not found" (i tried that before acutally but redid it to make sure. Acutally i dont have the "Game of Thrones" i only used it as a test file). Or what was your hint about ? What should i change ?
(2021-03-07, 17:21)ChaosKruemmel Wrote: What should i change ?

This may be a little confusing, but these things need to be done first:
- Make 2 root folders: one of movies, one for tvshows. They cannot be subfolders of each other.
- In Kodi, assign each folder the content that it is: Movies or TVshows.
- By default in Kodi, the TMDB (Movie database) scraper will handle both contents, as we experienced problems with the other scraper, from TVDB.
- When you are doing the settings for each source/folder, and have "scraped" you video collection into the Kodi database, then you should see both the Movies and TV Shows sections be filled up.
- One condition: your video files need to be properly named and formatted for the scraper to identify those videos. If not, no video will get into the Kodi video database.

You can find some reading material over here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
(2021-03-07, 17:31)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 17:21)ChaosKruemmel Wrote: What should i change ?

This may be a little confusing, but these things need to be done first:
- Make 2 root folders: one of movies, one for tvshows. They cannot be subfolders of each other.
- In Kodi, assign each folder the content that it is: Movies or TVshows.
- By default in Kodi, the TMDB (Movie database) scraper will handle both contents, as we experienced problems with the other scraper, from TVDB.
- When you are doing the settings for each source/folder, and have "scraped" you video collection into the Kodi database, then you should see both the Movies and TV Shows sections be filled up.
- One condition: your video files need to be properly named and formatted for the scraper to identify those videos. If not, no video will get into the Kodi video database.

You can find some reading material over here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
ah yes thank you ! Succeeded ! 
+ i already had only one folder/one source because i only have the one file for testing reasons - so that was not the problem
+ i created now a folder structure according the wiki like TVshows(->source)/Game of Thrones/Season 1/Game of Thrones S01E01.mkv
(and cleaned out the previous source data from Kodi / assigned the TVshows scraper "TMDB TV shows")
-> now it worked thank you ! Properly done, now i can add things and extend the library ! Thank you again.
(Sorry i bothered you with such a basic question but i didnt read about the folder structure required.)
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - scraping problem0