Library auto update keeps saying the cron setting is wrong
I want to update my Music library every 15 minutes and put in
*/15 * * * *
But Kodi keeps saying that this is incorrect.
What is wrong?
(2021-03-10, 01:37)jarome Wrote: I want to update my Music library every 15 minutes

Just wondering... What is the point in doing that? Are you adding new material to your music collection that often?
With 15 minutes there could be not time left for other tasks when the collection gets big enough.
(2021-03-10, 02:13)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 01:37)jarome Wrote: I want to update my Music library every 15 minutes

Just wondering... What is the point in doing that? Are you adding new material to your music collection that often?
With 15 minutes there could be not time left for other tasks when the collection gets big enough.
I add music all the time. Server is very powerful.
It should not take that long to check for updates. And yes 2+ TB of music. But why isn't my cron accepted?
(2021-03-10, 01:37)jarome Wrote: But Kodi keeps saying that this is incorrect.

The 15 minute cron format seems okay.
Are you indeed still using Kodi v15? If so, using which OS ?
Because crons are a OS system-running thing, and Kodi is just another application.
Unless there is some add-on involved...
(Which would be nice if you had mentioned that earlier)
(2021-03-10, 07:27)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 01:37)jarome Wrote: But Kodi keeps saying that this is incorrect.

The 15 minute cron format seems okay.
Are you indeed still using Kodi v15? If so, using which OS ?
Because crons are a OS system-running thing, and Kodi is just another application.
Unless there is some add-on involved...
(Which would be nice if you had mentioned that earlier)
OOps. Kodi 18.7. It is the Library auto update addon that gives the problem. I am on OpenSUSE LEAP 15.2
Okay.. I'm not using that add-on myself. Perhaps some of the others can step in and shed some light.
Is there anything mentioned in Kodi's debug log (wiki) regarding the cron being activated?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library auto update keeps saying the cron setting is wrong0