Sources "This directory contains" gets reset to None
After the upgrade to Kodi 19, all my sources "This directory contains" gets reset to "None" after a while. I configured them a few times, rescanned the database, it works OK but they eventually go back to None and when I start Kodi it has an empty database.

The media is on a NFS server (Ubuntu 20.04) if that matters.

This used to work fine in Kodi 18.

I also noticed that Kodi 19 can no longer discover/browse NFS shares, but they work if I enter nfs://<ip>/path/to/media The discover/browse part is not a big deal but I wonder if it's related to why the source type gets reset to None.
Kodi 18 was able to discover and browse them. Happening on both a CCGTV and AFTV4K.
(2021-03-10, 03:01)sirmedia Wrote: after a while

This is the weird part to me. How long is 'after a while'?
Can you doublecheck the contents of your database, because Kodi does not remove sources just like that.
Empty databases don't just happen. Perhaps they get corrupted on a failing HDD/SSD ?

NFS server/clients combinations are known to have browse issues. I use Ubuntu Server on one of my machines. The newest LibreELEC seems to find it when browsing, my old Ubuntu 16.04 pc with Kodi does not. A temporary fix is to manually add the NFS entries in the sources.xml file.
Not sure when it actually happens, I turn on the TV and the CCGTV and the library is empty. This started with Kodi 19, it would be a coincidence for the CCGTV storage to go bad. And I haven't noticed any other issues with the device. Same on an AFTV4K.
I do run the Library Auto Update addon, so it is possible that it may remove items if it can't access the NFS server, but still it shouldn't change the source types to None. And I've been using this addon for years on previous versions of Kodi.
The Library Update does not remove library items, only the Clean Video Library could do that.
Also databases can handle themselves, you don't need a clean action every day. Once a month is more than enough.

Are you using a centralized database or local instances only?
(2021-03-10, 08:02)Klojum Wrote: The Library Update does not remove library items, only the Clean Video Library could do that.
Also databases can handle themselves, you don't need a clean action every day. Once a month is more than enough.

Are you using a centralized database or local instances only?

Yes, I have clean video library enabled. The reason is that I add and remove media from the server so I want Kodi to rescan it every few hours to keep it up to date. I've never had it before where it removed items from the library if the NFS server was not available and I don't think it started doing that now, there may be something else going on here.

Local libraries on both devices (CCGTV and AFTV4K) both using the same NFS server.
Same here
Try adding this advancedsttings.xml

xml:
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <nfstimeout>0</nfstimeout>    <!-- Added in v19- Timeout in seconds for NFS access, 0 = wait forever (previous behaviour) default is 5s -->
    </network>
</advancedsettings>

As you can see the default is now 5 seconds which might not be enough for your HDDs to spin up so Kodi will then remove anything on those drives from the library.
But what resets "This directory contains: None"?

It is not an NFS timeout issue because of HDDs because in my case it's SSDs and the server is active for other reasons.
(2021-03-11, 06:59)sirmedia Wrote: But what resets "This directory contains: None"?
Provide a Debug Log which captures a Library Update.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This thing is really bugged. I looked through the logs, nothing interesting I can see. I uninstalled it and installed it again, started clean, no addons, it still does it. Where is this setting "This directory contains" stored so I can check that it's actually written correctly? I'm not even sure it's the Library Update that changes that setting, it's as if that the setting exists in memory when I set it up but it's not persisted, so when Kodi starts again this setting for each source is gone even though the sources are still there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sources "This directory contains" gets reset to None0