Movie artwork and Movie Sets (basic question on naming conventions)
I seem to have got myself completely confused on the correct name conventions for folders and artwork.

I have all my movies in a folder imaginatively entitled "movies".  Each movie is in its own sub-folder entitled, for example, Ant-Man (2015) but the movie file itself is called Ant Man.mkv.  In that folder I will have art such as Ant Man-poster.jpg.  I scrape using local info only as I have create nfo files for every movie

I also have a folder for movie set information. Again imaginatively entitled "Movie Set Artwork". The movie set for Ant Man & sequel would be Ant-Man Collection and has its own sub folder. In that sub folder I have artwork called poster.jpg and fanart.jpg (and others).  

In Kodi 19 I have set the library up so that movie set information is taken from Movie Set Artwork folder.

Some skins pick up the information correctly others seem to ignore the local information.

So my question is what I am doing wrong.  For example should the art in the movie folders be call Ant-Man (2015)-poster.jpg (ie name of folder), Ant Man-poster.jpg (ie the film file name) or poster.jpg.  Similarly in movie sets should the artwork be Ant-Man Collection-poster.jpg or poster.jpg - or does it make no difference.

I read the wiki and simply ended up more confused than when I started!
(2021-03-12, 13:27)justin150 Wrote: For example should the art in the movie folders be call Ant-Man (2015)-poster.jpg (ie name of folder), Ant Man-poster.jpg (ie the film file name) or poster.jpg.
The same as the video filename... Ant Man-poster.jpg

(2021-03-12, 13:27)justin150 Wrote: in movie sets should the artwork be Ant-Man Collection-poster.jpg or poster.jpg
poster.jpg.

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie artwork and Movie Sets (basic question on naming conventions)0