Possible to play next episode or skip current one in guide?
Not sure if that has been addressed, but is it possible to go to skip to the next episode of a few on the guide? The older versions prior to Matrix, you could pull up the guide and pick any show on it to play no matter the time point in the guide. With the new one, it looks like you can only play at that particular time in the guide, if that makes sense. If there's an episode I don't wanna see, I cant skip forward. Anyone else having this issue of is that just the way it is with the guide through Kodi?
(2021-03-12, 21:08)fernicus Wrote: Not sure if that has been addressed, but is it possible to go to skip to the next episode of a few on the guide? The older versions prior to Matrix, you could pull up the guide and pick any show on it to play no matter the time point in the guide. With the new one, it looks like you can only play at that particular time in the guide, if that makes sense. If there's an episode I don't wanna see, I cant skip forward. Anyone else having this issue of is that just the way it is with the guide through Kodi?

You can't skip during playback... unless you are using the "Playlist" playback mode.

However, you can play any single show from the guide at any time or start playlist playback from any given position in the guide using the available context menu items.
Play programme == Play single show from the start.
Play from here == Queues guide content from this position and starts playback.
Information is available here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549

Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Awesome! Thank you so much. I'll try this tonight!! I appreciate the help!
(2021-03-12, 22:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-03-12, 21:08)fernicus Wrote: Not sure if that has been addressed, but is it possible to go to skip to the next episode of a few on the guide? The older versions prior to Matrix, you could pull up the guide and pick any show on it to play no matter the time point in the guide. With the new one, it looks like you can only play at that particular time in the guide, if that makes sense. If there's an episode I don't wanna see, I cant skip forward. Anyone else having this issue of is that just the way it is with the guide through Kodi?

You can't skip during playback... unless you are using the "Playlist" playback mode.

However, you can play any single show from the guide at any time or start playlist playback from any given position in the guide using the available context menu items.
Play programme == Play single show from the start.
Play from here == Queues guide content from this position and starts playback.
Information is available here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549

One of the best features of the add on in my opinion! I did just notice something the other day and am not sure if anything can be done about it? I’m using Emby as my centralized server along with the Kodi for Emby add on. If you initiate playback further into the guide using “play from here”, Kodi reports playback to the Emby server. Playing from the current point in time it does not (as expected). I would assume the same thing happens if you are using Plex? 

Not a big deal but if I do this then channel surf, Emby gets all clogged up with partially watched episodes.
(2021-03-14, 18:55)Hardax Wrote: One of the best features of the add on in my opinion! I did just notice something the other day and am not sure if anything can be done about it? I’m using Emby as my centralized server along with the Kodi for Emby add on. If you initiate playback further into the guide using “play from here”, Kodi reports playback to the Emby server. Playing from the current point in time it does not (as expected). I would assume the same thing happens if you are using Plex? 

Not a big deal but if I do this then channel surf, Emby gets all clogged up with partially watched episodes.

Cool, glad you are enjoying it...

Are you running a bridge script an Emby --> Kodi script? This sounds like an issue on that end.

If Kodi is reporting current playback, and emby isn't... it's on that end. If however, Kodis player is reporting incorrectly please supply a log. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to play next episode or skip current one in guide?0