Release Harmony Hub Controller
Harmony Hub Controller let's you setup actions to run a Harmony activity and/or a sequence of remote commands. Running the addon gives you a menu of your actions, and you can also send an action name as an arg to have the script run a specific action.

It's available for Leia and Matrix from the Official Add-on repository.  Instructions for use are at:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Harmony_Hub_Controller
Was able to setup and run the hub activities fine (macOS 10.15.7). After turning on debugging I can't seem to find the complete list of commands.

Seeing in the log:
xml:
2021-03-22 05:32:51.012 T:1256123   DEBUG <general>: [Harmony Hub Control] name 'unicode' is not defined
2021-03-22 05:32:51.012 T:1256123   DEBUG <general>: [Harmony Hub Control] error parsing logline

najujixeyu.kodi (paste)

Thanks for the great add-on!
Yea, I saw that a few days ago.  I have fixed it, I just need to submit the update.  Let me do that today. It generally takes a couple of days to get through the review process, then it should update automatically.
Quote:Please don't post log snippets to the forum. In the future, if you need to post any debug information, place the entire debug log into something like pastebin and then post a link to it. That said, I see what the issue is and have corrected it.  I'll try to get an updated version posted in the next couple of days.

And just as an FYI, I have asked the mods to merge this thread with the actual support thread so I can keep everything in one place. So don't be surprised when this moves.
I am sorry, I will keep that in mind. I just tried version 0.2.1 and get the same error.
(2021-04-10, 16:41)pierocol Wrote:
Quote:Please don't post log snippets to the forum. In the future, if you need to post any debug information, place the entire debug log into something like pastebin and then post a link to it. That said, I see what the issue is and have corrected it.  I'll try to get an updated version posted in the next couple of days.

And just as an FYI, I have asked the mods to merge this thread with the actual support thread so I can keep everything in one place. So don't be surprised when this moves.
I am sorry, I will keep that in mind. I just tried version 0.2.1 and get the same error.
0.2.2 is the version that fixes that. If you're on Matrix, that version should be pushing out to the repo today. On Leia, we have to wait until the Matrix repo syncs before Leia can be updated, so it may be a couple more days.
(2021-04-11, 01:35)pkscout Wrote:

0.2.2 is the version that fixes that. If you're on Matrix, that version should be pushing out to the repo today. On Leia, we have to wait until the Matrix repo syncs before Leia can be updated, so it may be a couple more days.
thanks a lot. I am on Matrix. I will test it and let you know.
(2021-04-11, 10:44)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 01:35)pkscout Wrote:
I just tried and I still get an error message. Here is the portion of the log file related to Harmony Hub Control. Thank you
(2021-04-11, 17:05)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 10:44)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 01:35)pkscout Wrote: 0.2.2 is the version that fixes that. If you're on Matrix, that version should be pushing out to the repo today. On Leia, we have to wait until the Matrix repo syncs before Leia can be updated, so it may be a couple more days.
I just tried and I still get an error message. Here is the portion of the log file related to Harmony Hub Control. Thank you

Troubleshooting can only be done effectively if you post the complete debug log.
(2021-04-12, 00:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 17:05)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 10:44)pierocol Wrote: thanks a lot. I am on Matrix. I will test it and let you know.

Troubleshooting can only be done effectively if you post the complete debug log.
Sorry about that. I just tried again now in order to generate a "fresh" log, and much to my positive surprise it worked! I was able to start two of the "Activities" that I have configured on my Harmony Hub. I will setup also the other and test it further. I am very grateful. Thank you for your efforts (and for your patience with me)
(2021-04-12, 20:30)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 00:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-04-11, 17:05)pierocol Wrote: I just tried and I still get an error message. Here is the portion of the log file related to Harmony Hub Control. Thank you

Sorry about that. I just tried again now in order to generate a "fresh" log, and much to my positive surprise it worked! I was able to start two of the "Activities" that I have configured on my Harmony Hub. I will setup also the other and test it further. I am very grateful. Thank you for your efforts (and for your patience with me)
It took me awhile, but I was able to track down the circumstances that caused your crash and duplicate them. Thus the fix.  Glad it worked.
Thanks for the great add-on. I especially like the extended command feature.
I also use your Audio Profiles add-on and was wondering if you could add a feature to it so that Harmony Hub commands can be associated with audio profiles if both these add-ons are installed.
I forgot to add, that a use case for associating a Harmony Hub command with an Audio Profile is (at least in  my case)  when an active speaker input has to be switched according to which Audio Profile is active.
(2023-05-14, 14:07)fcred Wrote: Thanks for the great add-on. I especially like the extended command feature.
I also use your Audio Profiles add-on and was wondering if you could add a feature to it so that Harmony Hub commands can be associated with audio profiles if both these add-ons are installed.

While I understand the use case, that isn't something I'm going to have time to work on.  Given the Harmony is EOL'd by logitech, I'm not really putting any more time into the addon, and adding the ability to call another addon from AudioProfiles would be a significant change that I don't really have time to dig into.
Understand.
Thanks
I posted a pull request to script.audio.profiles that does what I needed in the hopeI hope that it can help others with similar needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Hub Controller0