Solved Strange seekbar behaviour at specific intervals
Hi Bart,

I hear you thinking: not again something with the seekbar... Smile

Something strange happened when I played a movie:
- when there was exactly 2 hours of playtime left the seekbar popped up
- when the movie was exactly 1 hour playing the seekbar popped up
- when there was exactly 1 hour of playtime left the seekbar popped up
- when the movie was exactly 2 hours playing the seekbar popped up

Before I was playing TV show episodes which all were shorter then 1 hour so this behavior was not noticed but checked with a couple of movies and they all have this. After a few seconds the seekbar disappears.

I switched to the default skin and there was no seekbar shown at these intervals, back to Amber and at the mentioned intervals the seekbar popped up again. Can you check what is causing this?

One other seekbar related thing: when the movie or episode is resumed (so not playing from the beginning) the seekbar + info is not shown when the playback starts. Can you look into this as well?

If you need more info please let me know.
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

Hi Bart,

Just upgraded my test-install (Kodi Matrix on Windows 10 with the latest Amber skin) and see the same seekbar behavior there so it indeed seems Amber related. 

Were you able to reproduce the issue and could there be a fix?

@RyFeR , my apologies for the late reply.  Yes, I have been able to reproduce this, and hopefully will have a fix soon.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@RyFeR , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I fixed the issue.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

As for showing the seekbar when resuming, I think I also managed that with this latest update.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-18, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I fixed the issue.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

As for showing the seekbar when resuming, I think I also managed that with this latest update.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart,

Just tested, confirmed both items are resolved. The seekbar is not displayed at the specific intervals anymore and it is displayed when resuming a movie / episode.

Once again many thanks for your time, much appreciated. And no need to apologize, we're all grateful you maintain this skin and make it better with every update!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange seekbar behaviour at specific intervals0