Matching 10k+ movies
Hi,
I'm looking for organizing my library. Until now I have a lot of files and folders without using any convention and I started to grow up the library on Plex reaching 10k movies.
Now I would like to match them to TMM and renaming them. I've tried with automatic matching but it gives back poor results.
I have an excel file with all the filenames and their imdb: is there any way to import this info (polishing the data and importing in csv) to TMM in order to match the filename to the correct imdb?
Thanks
just write a script to put the imdb id into a file called like the movie file, but with .nfo just including the imdb id:

then tmm should pick it up an scrape w/o any issues
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-03-15, 07:55)mlaggner Wrote: just write a script to put the imdb id into a file called like the movie file, but with .nfo just including the imdb id:

Thanks for the answer. Could you please elaborate a little more? I'm quite a noob but willing to learn :-)
(2021-03-15, 11:51)yossarian82 Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 07:55)mlaggner Wrote: just write a script to put the imdb id into a file called like the movie file, but with .nfo just including the imdb id:

Thanks for the answer. Could you please elaborate a little more? I'm quite a noob but willing to learn :-)
After some hours of research I think that this should be the logic:
- look for every file in a folder and subfolders
- look for the filename entry on a specified csv file (a file that has three colums: one with the filename, one with the imdb tag and another with the tmdb)
- if the entry exists, write a nfo file with imdb and tmdb tags
But, still, I've no idea on where to start. Could anyone help addressing me to some info, examples, tutorials or anything else in order to achieve the expected result?
Thanks!
completely depends on which OS you are (and I am no pro in scripting of any OS Big Grin). But I would do the "simple" way: just put the imdb ID in such a nfo, because the imdb ID can be parsed without any needed structure inside the file
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-03-15, 15:09)mlaggner Wrote: completely depends on which OS you are (and I am no pro in scripting of any OS Big Grin). But I would do the "simple" way: just put the imdb ID in such a nfo, because the imdb ID can be parsed without any needed structure inside the file
I'm currently using Windows but I have access to ubuntu and mac os.
Well, it's not so simple when you have more than 10k movies: I'm trying to figuring out an automatic way otherwise it will keep me months or years to organize my library. I can't just write .nfo files one by one looking at the imdb id for every file! :-)
How can I take an entry from a csv and write it down to a text file? I still do not know but in the end I'm learning a lot of new things
Now I'm stuck into this idea: https://github.com/fracpete/kodi-nfo-generator
using kodi-nfo-import to read imdb id column from my csv file and writing alongside a .imdb file that later on I can use to generate nfo files with kodi-nfo-gen
But I have some problems in using it under linux. Now I'll try harder after lunch :-)
thanks anyway
Dunno how your directory/csv looks, but just use this as a starting point:
https://www.google.com/search?q=for+each+batch+read+csv
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
You could use this tip:

https://www.ozgrid.com/forum/index.php?t...ext-files/
I somewhat succeeded in doing what I wanted :-) I used this software for renaming that it's powerful: https://www.advancedrenamer.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matching 10k+ movies0