[GSoC 2021] Project Idea : Finish the new web interface
Hello,
my name is Priyanshu Jain an undergraduate from IIIT Allahabad. I was going through the idea list and was interested in finishing the web interface of elm-chorus. I ran the elm-chorus web interface and wanted to know more about the idea, if we have to exactly make the same UI as chorus-2 or can implement something new?  so that I can submit a proper proposal after it.

Thanks
Priyanshu
Hey, nice to have you.

Well, the current one basically tries to implement the old one using elm-ui. The thing is the old interface is tried an tested, but we're not nailed down to it. But you might be throwing away a lot of work if you want to go for a complete redesign.
(2021-03-18, 01:07)Razze Wrote: Hey, nice to have you.

Well, the current one basically tries to implement the old one using elm-ui. The thing is the old interface is tried an tested, but we're not nailed down to it. But you might be throwing away a lot of work if you want to go for a complete redesign.

Ok, so maybe the best idea will be to go with the Chorus-2 interface and adding some new features and design along the way.
Hey @Razze , I wanted to get my proposal reviewed and wanted to know if any changes are required. Can I send it to you personally on mail or any other preferred communication platform? Thanks
(2021-03-23, 22:57)priyanshu0405 Wrote: Hey @Razze , I wanted to get my proposal reviewed and wanted to know if any changes are required. Can I send it to you personally on mail or any other preferred communication platform? Thanks

I would suggest just posting it here as a google doc
(2021-03-26, 02:14)Razze Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 22:57)priyanshu0405 Wrote: Hey @Razze , I wanted to get my proposal reviewed and wanted to know if any changes are required. Can I send it to you personally on mail or any other preferred communication platform? Thanks

Ok thanks, will be posting the google doc here soon. I had one doubt if we can add more sections like "About me" and "timeline" to the proposal or do we have to strictly follow the proposal outline given by the org?
(2021-03-26, 12:06)priyanshu0405 Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 02:14)Razze Wrote:

Ok thanks, will be posting the google doc here soon. I had one doubt if we can add more sections like "About me" and "timeline" to the proposal or do we have to strictly follow the proposal outline given by the org?

Feel free to add what you think is needed Smile
(2021-03-26, 20:43)Razze Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 12:06)priyanshu0405 Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 02:14)Razze Wrote: I would suggest just posting it here as a google doc

Feel free to add what you think is needed Smile
Hey @Razze , here is the link of the google doc of my proposal, please review it. Thanks.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIw3...sp=sharing
Doesn't seem like I can leave comments. Anyway, you can also share the draft via the gsoc page now.
(2021-04-01, 19:22)Razze Wrote: Doesn't seem like I can leave comments. Anyway, you can also share the draft via the gsoc page now.

Hey @Razze, I understand that and have deleted the link. I have shared a new link to Kodi via the gsoc page, if you could comment there it would be helpful. Thanks!
(2021-04-01, 19:45)priyanshu0405 Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 19:22)Razze Wrote: Doesn't seem like I can leave comments. Anyway, you can also share the draft via the gsoc page now.

Hey @Razze, I understand that and have deleted the link. I have shared a new link to Kodi via the gsoc page, if you could comment there it would be helpful. Thanks!
Hey @Razze did you get a chance to look at the draft? I have enabled the comments this time. Is there any areas that might need some improvement or anything that seems unnecessary? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Link to draft - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nbwr...sp=sharing
Your proposal looks great, I don't have any remarks.
Hey @Razze , thank you for guiding me, my proposal has been accepted for GSoC. Looking forward to working with you and completing the project. Also wanted to know where further discussions related to GSoC and community bonding period will take place.
@priyanshu0405 Welcome and thanks for applying and we're happy that you are excited to work with us - as are we to work with you! You will get an email today with further details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GSoC 2021] Project Idea : Finish the new web interface0