Input.ButtonEvent - Method not found
Hey guys o/

I'm trying to make an Input.ButtonEvent request to simulate a long press (1000 milliseconds) of the backspace key.

This is the body of my request:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"1","method":"Input.ButtonEvent","params":{"button": "backspace", "keymap": "KB", "holdtime": 1000}}

And I'm getting 
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

I've tried searching online and I've doubled check my syntax, but I couldn't find the issue. Could you guys give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks for the help!
(2021-03-18, 22:31)Saltitao Wrote: Hey guys o/

I'm trying to make an Input.ButtonEvent request to simulate a long press (1000 milliseconds) of the backspace key.

This is the body of my request:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"1","method":"Input.ButtonEvent","params":{"button": "backspace", "keymap": "KB", "holdtime": 1000}}

And I'm getting 
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

I've tried searching online and I've doubled check my syntax, but I couldn't find the issue. Could you guys give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks for the help!
I tried something similar. If you defined what you wanted to do with backspace, then looking at https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#Input.Action might help. If you want to delete input, you can send this action as follows:
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": {"action": "delete"}}'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Input.ButtonEvent - Method not found0