v19 TV and MOVIE Scraper Not TMDB or TVDB or IMDB
I would like to know if there is another scraper that can be used to get Movie Data and TV Data. I have found lately too many faults with TMDB and after lots of work there, was banned by some idiot who took a disliking to me, so i can't correct problems and it's affecting my KODI.
Also there are a few problems with TVDB which I could correct but dont want to get in more trouble. TVDB seems to be the better of the two for Movie data as well, but i cant find a scraper to get movie data from TVDB.
Basically I would like to use a different movie and tv site alltogether, oh and not IMDB, that is an absolute mess.
Any suggestions or am I screwed?
Cheers
(2021-03-19, 05:04)OzDrDj Wrote: TVDB seems to be the better of the two for Movie data as well
As far as I am aware, TVDB movies was a direct copy of TMDB movie data.

(2021-03-19, 05:04)OzDrDj Wrote: but i cant find a scraper to get movie data from TVDB.
There isn't one. TVDB are working on one, but it won't be ready until at least the middle of the year or later.

You can fix your errors in Kodi. Do you know how to do that?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Why should somebody work on a new scraper for TVDB? To my knowledge TVDB Access will be with cost somewere during Q1/2021 and due to this the default scraper for TV Shows was switched from TVDB to TMDB with the release of Matrix (....or even before).
(2021-03-19, 16:30)Reelyator Wrote: Why should somebody work on a new scraper for TVDB?
TVDB are creating their own TVDB scraper for Kodi.

(2021-03-19, 16:30)Reelyator Wrote: To my knowledge TVDB Access will be with cost somewere during Q1/2021
Yes, but it seems more likely to be Q2 or Q3. We are still negotiating a deal for Kodi users.

(2021-03-19, 16:30)Reelyator Wrote: and due to this the default scraper for TV Shows was switched from TVDB to TMDB with the release of Matrix (....or even before).
No. We swapped scrapers in 2017... well before Matrix any of these new charges.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-19, 06:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 05:04)OzDrDj Wrote: TVDB seems to be the better of the two for Movie data as well
As far as I am aware, TVDB movies was a direct copy of TMDB movie data.
(2021-03-19, 05:04)OzDrDj Wrote: but i cant find a scraper to get movie data from TVDB.
There isn't one. TVDB are working on one, but it won't be ready until at least the middle of the year or later.

You can fix your errors in Kodi. Do you know how to do that?

I can fix basic errors in Kodi, I use most of my own Artwork, as TMDB does not have one movie poster anymore, they are all just fan art and regular posters. I would really love to find someone who can help me redesign a scraper to use "My Move Titles" My poster, My Background, and the download the rest of the info like plot, cast. tagline and ratings from IMDB.  If Anyone here is keen to help me rewrite a scaraper, real basic like, Id be happy to pay them something for their time.
(2021-03-19, 16:30)Reelyator Wrote: Why should somebody work on a new scraper for TVDB? To my knowledge TVDB Access will be with cost somewere during Q1/2021 and due to this the default scraper for TV Shows was switched from TVDB to TMDB with the release of Matrix (....or even before).

Someone has got to make a new scraper that works with a database other than TMDB. It is so full of errors it is a waste of time. The TVDB Is not much better. This Is why I ask.
(2021-04-17, 10:10)OzDrDj Wrote: It is so full of errors it is a waste of time.
Then contribute back and fix the errors you come across.

(2021-04-17, 10:10)OzDrDj Wrote: The TVDB Is not much better. This Is why I ask.
But TVDB is a copy of TMDB movie database, so the same errors should be there.
My Signature
(2021-04-17, 11:21)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 10:10)OzDrDj Wrote: It is so full of errors it is a waste of time.
Then contribute back and fix the errors you come across.
(2021-04-17, 10:10)OzDrDj Wrote: The TVDB Is not much better. This Is why I ask.
But TVDB is a copy of TMDB movie database, so the same errors should be there.
Karellen if only it were that easy,
I used to do a hell of a lot of work on both the TVDB and TMDB, Fixing incorrect entries, uploading artwork, creating proper artwork where none was available. 
For the Information of any and all who read this post...  I had a Disagreement with the Guy who runs the TVDB. It was all over one TV show whos name i can no longer even remember, I do know however it had a special character (!@^&$%) in the Title. Now the Scraper from KODI would not scrape the INFO for this TV show, so I asked that the special Character be changed due to this.
I was told No, as that was not then the name of the show. So I asked again, then can we have the name of the show without the special character as an alternative title so that KODI (Might even have been XBMC then) can scrape the Title. Again I was told no. I called him an Idiot and was banned.
So Now I move my work to TMDB only and double down. Making sure it is great and perfect to make his site superfluous. However, I don't count on him being an admin at TMDB. "Every Step You Take, Every Move You Make, He'll be watching you" So I get hit for this cover is not clear, this data is incorrect this that this that this that everyday. I complain to Travis, who fixed the problem a few times, but It got to the point where i messaged him and asked him, if he has such a problem with me, perhaps he would like to meet up and discuss it in person". Oh, so now Im threatening him and am banned for life from TMDB. Every bit of work done by me, is removed from the site, and now if you notice, all they have is copious amounts of posters half of which are copies of others, but no actual Movie Posters (Posters which Display the Movie Credits as well as Artwork). There is also alot of errors creeping in and missing items. 

So to sum up, yes I would love to correct these errors, but for One Tool out there, my Kodi Does not fuction properly as i have to rely on TWO problem Databases. 
I was talking to a Guy who was considering starting a New Database, "TheShowDB" but i lost track of him. 

So, Again, This is why I am looking for a decent Movie / TV Database. Not TVDB or TMDB, So that my Kodi will work properly.
(2021-05-01, 04:45)OzDrDj Wrote: So, Again, This is why I am looking for a decent Movie / TV Database. Not TVDB or TMDB, So that my Kodi will work properly.
The only other databases that Kodi uses are TV Maze for TV Shows and IMDB for movies. Sure there might be other databases out there, but are they as big, as comprehensive as the others? Do they have a large regular contributing user base, are they current, do they have an API? And then who will create the scraper?

IMO, create a new account, keep your head down, and update the sites according to their policies.

Otherwise, just fix the wrong data in Kodi. It is not hard. Then regularly export to separate files to create a backup of your library and changes, and (failing a hdd crash) you will always have your data as you want it.

There's nothing else we can do for you as those sites are out of our hands.
My Signature
(2021-05-01, 04:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 04:45)OzDrDj Wrote: So, Again, This is why I am looking for a decent Movie / TV Database. Not TVDB or TMDB, So that my Kodi will work properly.
The only other databases that Kodi uses are TV Maze for TV Shows and IMDB for movies. Sure there might be other databases out there, but are they as big, as comprehensive as the others? Do they have a large regular contributing user base, are they current, do they have an API? And then who will create the scraper?

IMO, create a new account, keep your head down, and update the sites according to their policies.

Otherwise, just fix the wrong data in Kodi. It is not hard. Then regularly export to separate files to create a backup of your library and changes, and (failing a hdd crash) you will always have your data as you want it.

Thanks Karellen, I even tried that, Made a Fake Gmail, Made a fake Account and logged in, within 24 hours, I was banned again, Duplicate Account and they named me. This guy there has a vendetta and will not leave me alone. I think the only way out is to start my Own Database on the web.
(2021-05-06, 01:17)OzDrDj Wrote:

Thanks Karellen, I even tried that, Made a Fake Gmail, Made a fake Account and logged in, within 24 hours, I was banned again, Duplicate Account and they named me. This guy there has a vendetta and will not leave me alone. I think the only way out is to start my Own Database on the web.

FWIW, the whole subscription thing with TVDB put me off.

He may have built "the site" but the data was all entered by users such as OzDrDj, and I'm sure many others here. It didn't build itself.

And it didn't/doesn't seem to matter how many hours you previously spent doing all that work on the site, when the subscriptions went into place, nobody was 'grandfathered in' due to all their previous work.

Then I see you could "earn" a subscription by going through a process of making literally dozens and dozens of edits/additions, and earn points that could be used to get a sub.

I went through it. Have far more "points" than necessary to get a free sub. And there doesn't seem to be any way of redeeming the points for a sub.

I've emailed the admin/owner several times asking about it and for some strange reason, I have never received an answer.

So, I'm putting up with TMDB. It's not perfect but, it works, and the owner isn't playing games with the users promising a reward if you do all sorts of (additional) work on the site, and then delivering nothing.
(2021-05-06, 01:17)OzDrDj Wrote:

FWIW, many sites run multiple account detectors. Even Discord and other commenting sites.

It's unlikely that they act solely on IP address as many ISP's only provide dynamic IP addresses that can change every time you refresh your router. (or more.)

It's generally done by cookies, and also by script files that snoop on your computer looking for identifying information.

If you need to do it, delete all your cookiies and history related to the site, and install NoScript or a similar add-on that blocks sites from running scripts on your computer.
THEN sign up a new account.
If your browser supports "private browsing" use that as well.

I definitely DON'T recommend doing this unless you only want to be able to access data and avoid starting battles again with site owners.
Some sites by nature, have to make their data editable by users so everything stays up to date.

Sites that allow any users to edit data, especially editing/deleting your old posts long after you made them, do this to prevent an old user with a grudge from going in and screwing up all the message threads they took part in.
You can probably try a media manager where you can choose from different services and store metadata together with the videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV and MOVIE Scraper Not TMDB or TVDB or IMDB0