Blank screen after stopping video
it's fixed
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is it fixed in the svn og at the ppa too?.. I was going to "bitch" since I am still having the same problem in the ppa.. but then I remembered that the new ppa probably havent been build yet Smile
elupus Wrote:it's fixed

Thanks again elupus Big Grin
i just noticed this thread...
I beleive it is the same issue i am having now that eluplus solved my previous issue <3 so ill wait for the new version to be put on synaptic and ill see how it goes
par-joha Wrote:Hello!
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce FX5200
I now realise that 64-bit is not officially supported and that my graphics card falls below the minimum specs.

I'll try upgrading my graphics card and see if that helps.

/ Pär
Exclamation 
Does anyone know what may cause a blank (white) screen after stopping a video. When the video is played completely xbmc returns normally to the menu, but when stopping a video using "x" I get a white screen.

I have:
Ubuntu Hardy
Linux Kernel: 2.6.24-19-generic
Xbmc Svn 14921
I am also having this happen..
I am also using 14921
SVN as of this posting is up to 15064, can you update and recheck? What video card and drivers? Going to need bunches more data if this is still a problem methinks....
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
This looks related to the issue detailed near the end in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=193428.
I've also experienced this, and posted info+screenshot in the white screen of death thread.

I'll quote my post:

Quote:I'm experincing similar problems with a white screen, but my xbmc doesn't hang. I can shut it down by pressing 's' and then 'Enter'. I can also just hit 'Enter' to replay the video.

Info:

xbmc version: svn rev 14967 (webserver disabled)
Skin: PM3
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce FX5200
Graphics driver: nvidia proprietary, 169.07

My steps to reproduce problem

1. Start up xbmc
2. Navigate to video folder, in this case a samba mount
3. Start video playback
4. Press 'x' to stop playback.

Debug log: http://www.pastebin.ca/1175929
Screenshot: http://bayimg.com/FakDnAaBE

I haven't tried this with svn >15000, will try tonight and get back with results.

/ Pär
Not sure if this helps because the issue is probably fixed in the most current release but if anyway is having problems with this, instead of pressing stop on your remote (if using a remote) press the next button. XBMC tries to go to the next movie in your playlist and if there is not one, it sends you back to the list of movies or where ever you were before you started your movie.
I know it sounds a bit hacky but it works great and you should not receive the WSOD.

Let me know if anyone knows what the real fix is for this.
Not sure if this helps because the issue is probably fixed in the most current release but if anyway is having problems with this, instead of pressing stop on your remote (if using a remote) press the next button. XBMC tries to go to the next movie in your playlist and if there is not one, it sends you back to the list of movies or where ever you were before you started your movie.
I know it sounds a bit hacky but it works great and you should not receive the WSOD.

Let me know if anyone knows what the real fix is for this.
charlietilt Wrote:Not sure if this helps because the issue is probably fixed in the most current release but if anyway is having problems with this, instead of pressing stop on your remote (if using a remote) press the next button. XBMC tries to go to the next movie in your playlist and if there is not one, it sends you back to the list of movies or where ever you were before you started your movie.
That works like a charm, thanks!

/ Pär
I have this same problem and I already found out about hitting the next button. Does anyone know when or if they will fix this problem?
Same problem here. However it X works if I play mp3 file. Seems like Video Player related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen after stopping video0