Solved SAMSUNG Smart Remote not working wiKODI 18.9 in Rasperry Pi
I purchased a new TV a couple of weeks ago. A SAMSUNG 4K 65". SAMSUNG Q70 -series.
Today I tried to edit my favourites. Which didn't work at all since I cannot open KODI's own menus with the remote that came with the tv.  (https://www.samsung.com/global/tv/blog/t...ever-need/)

Does any of you guys know how to achieve what I'm trying to do? Is it possible to edit the Favourites using SSH? I tried KORE on my Android and was able to find the favourites, but I wasn't able to edit or delete any of the favourited because I wasn't able to reach the appropriate menus.
Any other solution worth trying.

Thanks in advance

Roger, Sweden
Favorites are usually not edited, only created or removed.
Removing a favorite can be done by opening the context menu of that favorite's icon, and select the proper option.
(2021-03-20, 19:25)KRWaara Wrote: any of you guys know how to achieve what I'm trying to do?
Controlling Kodi with your TV remote can be accomplished using a FLIRC (wiki) and is pretty easy to set-up.
(2021-03-20, 19:32)Klojum Wrote: Favorites are usually not edited, only created or removed.
Removing a favorite can be done by opening the context menu of that favorite's icon, and select the proper option.

Well... The reason I did this posting was due to the fact that it's not possible to open the context menu with the RC in question.

R
(2021-03-20, 19:46)PatK Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 19:25)KRWaara Wrote: any of you guys know how to achieve what I'm trying to do?
Controlling Kodi with your TV remote can be accomplished using a FLIRC (wiki) and is pretty easy to set-up.
I think I have a FLIRC here somewhere. Good idea!
But then again: I'm only interested in deleting the favourites.. Is this not possible using SSH?

R

R
Favourites are stored in the .. favourites.xml file in the userdata folder. If you can access it on your Samsung TV, that would be a solution for you.
Perhaps first install a proper File Manager and a Text (ascii) editor, for changing the content of the xml file.
(2021-03-20, 22:33)Klojum Wrote: Favourites are stored in the .. favourites.xml file in the userdata folder. If you can access it on your Samsung TV, that would be a solution for you.
Perhaps first install a proper File Manager and a Text (ascii) editor, for changing the content of the xml file.

Now we're talking. I have SSH myself into the R Pi and try this out.
... 1 hour ...
No such file found in the R Pi. No way.

E
(2021-03-20, 23:07)KRWaara Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 22:33)Klojum Wrote: Favourites are stored in the .. favourites.xml file in the userdata folder. If you can access it on your Samsung TV, that would be a solution for you.

... 1 hour ...

E
(2021-03-20, 23:22)KRWaara Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 23:07)KRWaara Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 22:33)Klojum Wrote: UFavourites are stored in the .. favourites.xml file in the userdata folder. If you can access it on your Samsung TV, that would be a solution for you.

... 1 hour ...

E
Found it. Thanks for your assistance! Smile

R
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMSUNG Smart Remote not working wiKODI 18.9 in Rasperry Pi0