iOS + macOS: Looking for easier way to use Kodi from iOS devices...
Looking for easier ways utilize Kodi on iOS devices.
Currently I have a jb device, have kodi installed, sometimes side loaded etc and it continues to be a pain as certificates expire and finding myself more in admin mode updating, rejbing etc.

Rather than deal w/the PIA overhead factor of iOS, isn't there a way one can stream Kodi from their macOS?
MacOS has Kodi installed, so in theory there could be 'players' for iOS to access and stream Kodi (and not talking remote control apps here.)

For example, the macOS has Jellyfin and Plex running great. Both have iOS apps to stream from the media server (works great.)
Both of those options work well for content that has been captured and downloaded in advance. PIA factor here is that it also requires maintenance to always checkin to add content the queue and, worse still, always going in to delete consumed content. It is also a challenge finding the required resources to capture content, where some content is captured easily while others requires work.

While I find the Kodi interface rough and hassles all around, I appreciate the ability to select content and stream starts. No need to plan in advance, no need to delete..watch once and done, and most content is available at will.

So to escape the cat and mouse games going on I'd as soon set up Kodi on the Mac and then stream from iOS devices (which would be from both local and remote networks.). 

Certainly this exists...what am I missing?
Kodi isn't made to be a server like Plex/emby/jellyfin. Different use cases.

So no, what you want does not exist.
(2021-03-21, 12:40)pixelrogue Wrote: Looking for easier ways utilize Kodi on iOS devices.
Currently I have a jb device, have kodi installed, sometimes side loaded etc and it continues to be a pain as certificates expire and finding myself more in admin mode updating, rejbing etc.

Rather than deal w/the PIA overhead factor of iOS, isn't there a way one can stream Kodi from their macOS?
MacOS has Kodi installed, so in theory there could be 'players' for iOS to access and stream Kodi (and not talking remote control apps here.)

For example, the macOS has Jellyfin and Plex running great. Both have iOS apps to stream from the media server (works great.)
Both of those options work well for content that has been captured and downloaded in advance. PIA factor here is that it also requires maintenance to always checkin to add content the queue and, worse still, always going in to delete consumed content. It is also a challenge finding the required resources to capture content, where some content is captured easily while others requires work.

While I find the Kodi interface rough and hassles all around, I appreciate the ability to select content and stream starts. No need to plan in advance, no need to delete..watch once and done, and most content is available at will.

So to escape the cat and mouse games going on I'd as soon set up Kodi on the Mac and then stream from iOS devices (which would be from both local and remote networks.). 

Certainly this exists...what am I missing?
The closest thing would be a game streaming app like Steam Link, but that's just a fancy remote desktop app.

Are you looking to have your computer run Kodi and send a video stream of the interface to your phone?

If so, and you don't want to interfere with normal use of the computer, you could set up a virtual machine dedicated solely for streaming the app.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS + macOS: Looking for easier way to use Kodi from iOS devices...0