Tool to 'bulk test' video files for problems?
Does anyone have something like this? I've found a few dodgy files in my large collection and I'd just like to scan them all.
I used to use a tool called MKValidator or some such but it used to also come back with false positives.
Anyone got anything?
Microsoft offers a checksum verify. If your archive has become corrupted by bit-rot, this tool should fess it out. OTH if the archive is encoded with a very old standard that has lost support, I would suggest handling it with video encoding Supplemental tools (wiki) to refresh data compression.
(2021-03-28, 20:43)PatK Wrote: Microsoft offers a checksum verify. If your archive has become corrupted by bit-rot, this tool should fess it out. OTH if the archive is encoded with a very old standard that has lost support, I would suggest handling it with video encoding Supplemental tools (wiki) to refresh data compression.

I wasn't thinking of a file level data verification (though I appreciate the response, my Nas is rock solid)

I'm talking more a specific tool designed to test the validity of the encoding in the first place. (Like mkvalidator). I want to know if the file has dead content inside it.
MKValidator - The latest release is v0.6.0 from 2021-01-31. and I'm sure you have that, suggest you contact developers and help iron out the bugs and suggest features (FT readme: we ask that you generously give back your enhancements to the community if you think it can help. Contact: [email protected]). Nothing else comes into view that I've heard. You might be tempted to grab Samples (wiki) dedicate a Kodi source for those file and attempt to play all to see what breaks?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tool to 'bulk test' video files for problems?0