Crash when scrolling through movies
OS X 10.15.7
Mac mini (Late 2012)
Processor 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Install Method dmg
Version of Kodi/XBMC 19.0.0

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
If I select Movies, in any view, and scroll through the list, after 5 or so sec Kodi crashes and exits. I tried 3 skins with the same problem. Log file link below.

It does not happen on the same movie each time, does not happen with TV shows.

FULL Debug Log
log file:
https://pastebin.com/pwETxgYC

crash report:
https://pastebin.com/LCyKBUX7

GUI Problems - only the crash mentioned above 
Skin name Default `estuary

Any help will be appreciated  thanks!
I have had 'unexpected quit' while browsing my video folders also. I would call it a crash. Don't know if my crash is caused by the same things as yours but I am going to create a new thread to discuss my problem, also in this same Mac OS X section of the forum.

Go here and see if my workaround helps you:

> Kodi crashes when attempting to browse directory with videos of “multiplexed MPEG-1/2” files
(2021-03-23, 20:31)dkapz Wrote: Here are the errors around the time the last one happened - any ideas will be much appreciated - thanks!

Two ideas for starters:
- Kindly provide the full debug log (wiki) and not just the part that you think is interesting
- Please don't splatter logs or parts thereof directly onto the forum. Use a pastebin service as mentioned below in bold red letters.
(2021-04-22, 00:06)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 20:31)dkapz Wrote: Here are the errors around the time the last one happened - any ideas will be much appreciated - thanks!

Two ideas for starters:
- Kindly provide the full debug log (wiki) and not just the part that you think is interesting
- Please don't splatter logs or parts thereof directly onto the forum. Use a pastebin service as mentioned below in bold red letters.
Sorry about that - corrected the post.
Ok I deleted and rebuilt the database, seems to have worked. Thanks for your help.
(2021-05-11, 20:33)dkapz Wrote: Ok I deleted and rebuilt the database, seems to have worked. Thanks for your help.

no that didn't work - while rebuilding the movie database I can scroll/browse but once it's finished indexing, it crashes again immediately when scrolling through. Any help will be appreciated
I don't have a Apple/Mac computer, so I'm not experienced with such devices.

Stupid question... But how are you scrolling:
- Using the mouse on the scrollbar
- Tapping the cursor keys once at a time
- Keeping the cursor keys pressed down
- Using the PageUp/Down keys
- Something else

It's better to not interfere with the rebuilding/scraping process. Get a coffee, read a book... Smile
(2021-05-11, 23:08)Klojum Wrote: I don't have a Apple/Mac computer, so I'm not experienced with such devices.

Stupid question... But how are you scrolling:
- Using the mouse on the scrollbar
- Tapping the cursor keys once at a time
- Keeping the cursor keys pressed down
- Using the PageUp/Down keys
- Something else

It's better to not interfere with the rebuilding/scraping process. Get a coffee, read a book... Smile
Hi there - it doesn't matter how I scroll, or even if I scroll - if I go to movies and scroll, or just wait a few seconds, it crashes. It's become unusable really for movies so I really need a solution
most recent log
https://pastebin.com/u9A6rUTk

most recent crash report
https://pastebin.com/DuPMqMZd

crashes when updating movies library now
As far as the debug log goes, always enable debugging in Kodi and restart the Kodi application if you want to start some troubleshooting.

As already stated, I'm not a Mac user. Perhaps @kambala can have a look?
this is the same crash as in other threads, disabling thumbnails extraction should prevent it. Unfortunately, still unclear how to reproduce.
(2021-05-14, 20:40)kambala Wrote: this is the same crash as in other threads, disabling thumbnails extraction should prevent it. Unfortunately, still unclear how to reproduce.

Thanks - disabling thumbnail extraction in settings, media, videos hasn't fixed it. V frustrating. Can browse TV shows but not movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when scrolling through movies0