Solved Make password entry visible in virtual keyboard as option
My new NAS software requires password on SMB shared folders, and Kodi doesn't inherit credentials from Win10 for shares, so must enter within Kodi.  Unfortunately, entering password with a remote is error-prone (and NAS tries to enforce password complexity requirement).  It would be nice to have a builtin that could be assigned to a toggle to make password visible during entry in virtual keyboard window.

scott s.
Just a workaround until this is added. I use the send text to mediacenter feature of Kore for entering usernames and passwords. I have the phone keyboard and can see the text before sending.
(2021-03-25, 00:46)LongMan Wrote: Just a workaround until this is added. I use the send text to mediacenter feature of Kore for entering usernames and passwords. I have the phone keyboard and can see the text before sending.
Thanks.  I will have to check this out (hadn't thought of it as I am one of the few in the world who don't use a smartphone personally).

scott s.
You can do it from the web interface on a PC too. Three dots at bottom right using Chorus.

Cheers,
LongMan
Yeah, without needing to use a smartphone I was going to suggest something like one of the various remote control browser extensions available for Kodi that have 'Send Text' funtionality too (see bottom left), eg:

Kassi - Kodi/XBMC Remote Control - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kejcfhcmjp

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Bump!!

This might also need a new addon setting field type, maybe there are times where the addon author feels the password should not be viewable? (I can't think of any off the top of my head but ya never know).. so have the choice of a password entry that can and cannot be viewable

Viewable password toggles are pretty much standard now and all kinds of devices and apps I've used
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20000
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make password entry visible in virtual keyboard as option0