• 6(current)
Release Mimic-LR (Lyrebird-Rmod) - Matrix version
(2022-02-08, 04:37)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
Can Kodi play mkv files composed of opus and vp9 files. Do I have to change some settings to play them?
In your menu settings, I cannot find  "basic, advanced... expert"  to customize?

That setting is in the context menu of the settings.  Go into one of the settings screens, and then bring up the context menu.  If you have a keyboard, it's probably the "m" key.  If you use a remote, click left until it pops up.  It will be towards the bottom just below the "actions" heading.
(2022-02-09, 07:13)randallspicher Wrote:
(2022-02-08, 04:37)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
Can Kodi play mkv files composed of opus and vp9 files. Do I have to change some settings to play them?
In your menu settings, I cannot find  "basic, advanced... expert"  to customize?

That setting is in the context menu of the settings.  Go into one of the settings screens, and then bring up the context menu.  If you have a keyboard, it's probably the "m" key.  If you use a remote, click left until it pops up.  It will be towards the bottom just below the "actions" heading.

Thank you, @randallspicher  Smile
Hi

How can i disable the text "your library is currently empty....." ? The background is that I renamed the Music Video menu to Radio and list my radio stations there. And now this text is annoying Wink.

Thx for your help Smile.

Greetings
(2022-02-16, 12:30)HattoriHanzo Wrote: Hi

How can i disable the text "your library is currently empty....." ? The background is that I renamed the Music Video menu to Radio and list my radio stations there. And now this text is annoying Wink.

Thx for your help Smile.

Greetings
I think you have to delete the item Radio. You add a new item and continue to set the item Radio as usual. Don't use the default items and rename. Big Grin
(2022-02-16, 13:26)chitridang Wrote:

Thx for your help Smile.

Greetings
I think you have to delete the item Radio. You add a new item and continue to set the item Radio as usual. Don't use the default items and rename. Big Grin
Thx for the hint, i got it Wink
(2022-02-16, 14:00)HattoriHanzo Wrote:
(2022-02-16, 13:26)chitridang Wrote:

Thx for your help Smile.

Greetings
Thx for the hint, i got it Wink
Instead of deleting, you can simply disable the [default] ones you don't plan to use.  It's a built-in skin.shortcuts thing.  All the default menus from skin-shortcuts have an associated property on them identifying their original intended purpose (such as "tvshows", "musicvideos", etc)  There's some logic that then looks at that Id, and checks if the library associated with the original purpose of the shortcut is empty or not.

If you want a menu item to show something else, then you are better off creating a new one, rather than re-use one of the default ones.
@randallspicher 
Can you make the image in the case the movie is not scraped as big as in the the case the movie is scraped?
Thank you Smile
https://i.postimg.cc/WzTwrBhZ/1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/4yPb1W9S/2.jpg
@randallspicher 
With version 7.0.3.b20
If I change the movie image name from folder to poster and set art2 to poster, then I have a big image.
But in the movie file window, the image is of the fanart and not of the thumbnail as usual
Can we set the art2 option independantly in the 2 windows?
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKPQf02x/3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vZQNCbdF/4.jpg
Thank you
(2022-02-22, 05:31)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
With version 7.0.3.b20
If I change the movie image name from folder to poster and set art2 to poster, then I have a big image.
But in the movie file window, the image is of the fanart and not of the thumbnail as usual
Can we set the art2 option independantly in the 2 windows?
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKPQf02x/3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vZQNCbdF/4.jpg
Thank you
The art2 setting is set independently for each dbtype  (eg, mediatype database record type that kodi returns to the skin in a property).  eg, your scanned in movies are of type "movie", and you can set the art2 differently from when you are looking a movieset (dbtype "set"), and differently, when looking at "episode", "season", "tvshow", "artist", "album", "song", "musicvideo", "video", etc, all the various scanned in types that kodi supports.   Anything *not* scanned in has no DBTYPE associated with it, so will have an empty type (eg, unknown) .  You can have one art2 setting that all "unknown" things (eg, not scanned in things) will use. There is no way to differentiate between different "unknown" things, because kodi does not return any relevant properties or types to the skin to compare against for them.  If you need anything beyond showing the thumb, then you should scan the items into the library so that the skin has proper metadata to work with.

Note that I believe for directories, kodi will scan in various images present in the directory and return them as properties when you have the focus on the directory itself.  That is different from when you browse into the directory and focus on some item within it.  There is no "poster" that kodi extracts from an unscanned file.  It just uses ffmpeg to extract a screenshot from the file to use as a thumb.
@randallspicher 
Is there a code that define the height, the width and the position of the image in list view? By redefining this code, can we make the image bigger?
(2022-02-22, 09:16)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
Is there a code that define the height, the width and the position of the image in list view? By redefining this code, can we make the image bigger?
The Skin itself sizes, and sets the location of everything on the UI in the various .xml files.   In this case, the image in question is being scaled to fit into the the box provided box. Since you are looking at a not-scanned-in file, kodi only returns a thumbnail for it, which means it either finds an image with the same name as the file <filename>.jpg, and/or a file with <filename>-thumb.jpg, or generates a thumbnail on the fly.   Then, because you selected to display the image (art2) as "Poster" layout in the skin, the skin provides a poster aspect ratio box, then drops the landscape image into it, (leaving a lot of space above and below)

One thing you can try is to attempt to trick kodi by renaming the poster as "<movie-file-name>-thumb.jpg" and see if kodi picks that up as a thumbnail for the file.

Maybe this will help. 
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

But keep in mind most of that only applies to scanned in media.  The file browser *only* looks for and returns a thumbnail for an unknown plain video file not in the library.

Or, you can do what kodi is designed to do, and scan the movie into the DB, at which point kodi will populate all the image types it can, (by looking up online if necessary), and the skin can then display them.
@randallspicher 
For each movie folder, I have 3 files. For example:
Name of the folder: Red Notice (2021)
Red Notice (2021).mp4
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
If I delete fanart.jpg in the folder, I don't have fanart as background but the image poster and thumbnail work properly. I think I will choose this option Big Grin
https://i.postimg.cc/nV98tbDL/5.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/XNRRjHfk/6.jpg
I have tested version 7.0.3 starting this morning, and happy to report that the heavy CPU usage when idleing is GONE!
Many many thanx for this fix!!!
@randallspicher 
Is it possible to use a picture as a background for the main menu window? Huh
(2022-03-05, 04:26)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
Is it possible to use a picture as a background for the main menu window? Huh

Settings -> Skin -> Home Menu -> Set up menus and widgets
For each menu item, there is a "select background" property.  You can choose either a single image, multi image, conditional weather, albumart wall, etc.  

single image will let you set one static image as the background for that menu item. 
multi image will let you pick a directory, and then will randomly display one image from it each time you focus on that menu item
the other options do programmatic things, such as display weather-related image (based on the current weather), or show album fanart, etc.

In addition, under Settings -> Skin -> Backgrounds , there are background options, such as the default background image for the whole home screen (used when the individual menu item was not configured with it's own background), and an "override home-screen backgrounds with slideshow" which does exactly what it says.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic-LR (Lyrebird-Rmod) - Matrix version0