v19 Having an adaptable shadow behind a list
Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this question is very basic, but I am not that great with the design/animations part of skinning.  I am in the process of adding a bottom row of shortcuts to Amber, like this:

The bottom row of shortcuts is a fixedlist.  The contents are user configured (a skinshortcuts submenu), so they can vary in number from menu item to menu item.  What I would like to do is add a shadow behind the shortcuts row, to darken the background behind the items so that the titles are more readable. 

The question is: how can I add a variable-width shadow that covers just the actual items in the list? Meaning if there are two items, the shadow will cover those two, and if there are three it will cover all three, and so on?  I know that perhaps this can be done with multiple textures of different widths, or with animations on the texture, but I have not been able to come up with a good solution.

Any ideas on how to go about this, any help, any solution or similar code that I can take a look at will be most welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-26, 22:42)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this question is very basic, but I am not that great with the design/animations part of skinning.  I am in the process of adding a bottom row of shortcuts to Amber, like this:

The bottom row of shortcuts is a fixedlist.  The contents are user configured (a skinshortcuts submenu), so they can vary in number from menu item to menu item.  What I would like to do is add a shadow behind the shortcuts row, to darken the background behind the items so that the titles are more readable. 

The question is: how can I add a variable-width shadow that covers just the actual items in the list? Meaning if there are two items, the shadow will cover those two, and if there are three it will cover all three, and so on?  I know that perhaps this can be done with multiple textures of different widths, or with animations on the texture, but I have not been able to come up with a good solution.

Any ideas on how to go about this, any help, any solution or similar code that I can take a look at will be most welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
i would think about using a basic texture which covers 1 item

and use contitional zoom animation using
Code:

Integer.IsEqual(Container(*id*).NumItems,*numeric*)

e.g. 200%
xml:
<animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="200,100" time="200" center="auto" tween="quadratic" easing="out" reversible="false" condition="Integer.IsEqual(Container(*id*).NumItems,2)">conditional</animation>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having an adaptable shadow behind a list0