Matrix python issue
Hi there, first time using this forum, but long time user of Kodi and I really need help. I have just updated to matrix. Uh oh! Wish I had waited, but ho hum. I'm just a middle aged, disabled mother of 3, so not not a lot of tech knowledge! and wow have they made this update difficult. The problem at the moment says it's a python issue. I know it should be python 3, but I'm trying to install add-ons and its saying its not compatible with Verizon 2? I though Kodi added in the correct version of Python with the update? For me it gets weirder! I rolled back to leia, and that says not compatible with put him version 3! What the heck?! Why are my pythons muddled?! Help!
Thank you
(2021-03-27, 08:12)Kate_scoot Wrote: What the heck?! Why are my pythons muddled?!

We have indicated some 2 years ago to developers that the change from Python (a programming language) version 2 to 3 would happen.
If add-on developers are too lazy to adapt their add-ons, that is not Team Kodi's problem.

Exactly which add-ons are you trying to install?

Be advised, that as per our forum rules (wiki) (which you accepted), add-ons that are designed to facilitate any type of video piracy, will get no support no matter what the circumstances you're in.
(2021-03-27, 09:58)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-27, 08:12)Kate_scoot Wrote: What the heck?! Why are my pythons muddled?!

We have indicated some 2 years ago to developers that the change from Python (a programming language) version 2 to 3 would happen.
If add-on developers are too lazy to adapt their add-ons, that is not Team Kodi's problem.

Exactly which add-ons are you trying to install?

Be advised, that as per our forum rules (wiki) (which you accepted), add-ons that are designed to facilitate any type of video piracy, will get no support no matter what the circumstances you're in.
Thank you for replying, but you have been a little harsh there? Why would you just assume I'm using illegal addons? I have an issue with the python thing? I actually think it's my computer. So thank you for your reply, but I will resolve it another way. Re my circumstances? I shared some person details there to explain my lack of tech knowledge, not to get anything im not intitled to.
Certainly not the best first experience I could have had from this site.
(2021-03-28, 13:24)Kate_scoot Wrote: Why would you just assume I'm using illegal addons?

Nobody assumed anything.  It was merely pointed out that should you be using such addons, no support would be forthcoming.  All our official addons should work with v19 and therefore issues are generally with third-party addons.  If you would care to tell us which addons you are having issues with, then we can advise you accordingly.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@Kate_scoot
Looks like some of your addons dont yet support python 3. And some do.

When you updated to kodi 19, the compatible addons updated to their python3 versions.

Now when you rolled back to 18, they will still be the python3 version and not compatible with python2.

If possible, might be easier to start fresh with Kodi 18 (delete user data) and reinstall your addons.

Oh, and make sure you ask the addon developers to please add support for python3. Because eventually the kodi 18 addons will break and devs won't be supporting the python2 versions
Just to update this. It was nothing to do with addons, as I hadn't even installed any at that point!!! I had a billion old versions of Kodi on my computer and for some reason, they were mixing up. Once I cleared all old versions up. It loaded Kodi without the error message. I got the advice, minus the prejudice and discrimination from elsewhere.
Hi, I have similar problem with dependencies. I can’t update to kodi 19 on my android box as it won’t let me.I want to addon called weeb tv but it will not let me download the plug in as it says dependancy on xmbc.python 03 could not be satisfied. Is there a way to fix it please?
@Marjul - you are trying to install an addon written for Matrix (using Python 3) onto Leia (which uses Python 2, which is not compatible with Python 3).

You will need to find an older version of the addon which was written for Leia and install that.

Also please do not duplicate post in random threads here - your post above is acceptable but the one in the CMIC thread was not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix python issue0