Solved Power menu item glitch
@bsoriano - just found a small glitch concerning the quit/exit power menu item.

I've got mine set up to only have quit and reload skin, all other options are disabled. If I click on the main menu item, I get the expected pop-up menu with only those two options shown, but if I select quit there it just takes me back to the menu and doesn't actually quit. Reload skin works fine, as expected.

On the sub-menu for the entry I've got quit and settings (again all other options disabled), and the quit item there works correctly and exits Kodi.

If I switch to Estuary and click the power button I get the full shutdown menu (with all options enabled of course) and quit there works fine.

Kodi 19, Windows 10 set-up with Amber 3.4.13 from your v1.02 Matrix repo.

Not a major issue, but just FYI anyway. If you need a log or suchlike let me know.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-27, 11:38)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - just found a small glitch concerning the quit/exit power menu item.

I've got mine set up to only have quit and reload skin, all other options are disabled. If I click on the main menu item, I get the expected pop-up menu with only those two options shown, but if I select quit there it just takes me back to the menu and doesn't actually quit. Reload skin works fine, as expected.

On the sub-menu for the entry I've got quit and settings (again all other options disabled), and the quit item there works correctly and exits Kodi.

If I switch to Estuary and click the power button I get the full shutdown menu (with all options enabled of course) and quit there works fine.

Kodi 19, Windows 10 set-up with Amber 3.4.13 from your v1.02 Matrix repo.

Not a major issue, but just FYI anyway. If you need a log or suchlike let me know.
@DarrenHill , could you please check the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" that skinshortcuts created in the skin's 1080i folder? I wonder if this file has not been updated in a while in your system, and the action for Quit is still xbmc.quit(), which does not work in Matrix anymore.  I fixed this a while ago, but maybe you just have not changed the configuration of your menu/submenu/widgets in a long time.

Please, search for "Quit()" in that file and see if it indeed says just "Quit()" for the action or if it says "XBMC.Quit()" .  If the latter, you can just delete the file, and reload the skin.  script.skinshortcuts will recreate the file, and you will not lose any of the menu/submenu/widget configuration that you have done.  Thanks.

That is the only thing I can think of, since the Quit action works well for me in Windows, both from the shutdownmenu and from the main menu.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
This is the old file - https://paste.kodi.tv/luzeheyayo.kodi

Removed it and started Kodi up, it's recreated it but still doing the same thing.

If it's just my system doing something weird then don't worry about it too much. I can quit using the option added to the sub-menu, just seemed a bit of an oddity that the shutdown pop-up menu doesn't seem to be working right for some reason.

Editted to add - fixed it. Went into Settings > Amber settings > Home Layout > Customize Power Menu and in the quit tab there used the change action to go from XBMC.Quit to just Quit by going in and selecting it from the Kodi Command list.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-27, 16:36)DarrenHill Wrote: This is the old file - https://paste.kodi.tv/luzeheyayo.kodi

Removed it and started Kodi up, it's recreated it but still doing the same thing.

If it's just my system doing something weird then don't worry about it too much. I can quit using the option added to the sub-menu, just seemed a bit of an oddity that the shutdown pop-up menu doesn't seem to be working right for some reason.

Editted to add - fixed it. Went into Settings > Amber settings > Home Layout > Customize Power Menu and in the quit tab there used the change action to go from XBMC.Quit to just Quit by going in and selecting it from the Kodi Command list.
@DarrenHill , I am glad you got it sorted.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power menu item glitch0