String compare using an includes $PARAM
(2021-03-28, 15:20)Bumpaneer Wrote: Can you apply $PARAM[Widget] to a hidden button or label and then use that for the compare instead of the $PARAM directly?

Wow.... You're a genius, that worked perfectly Big Grin

Thank you
(2021-03-28, 13:53)roidy Wrote: Ok, this is what I'm actually trying to do.

skinshortcuts I have a set of widgets defined

xml:
<widget-groupings>
    <!-- Embuary Helper Widgets -->
    <node label="$LOCALIZE[31496]" icon="DefaultFolder.png">
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpermoviesrandomgenre" label="$LOCALIZE[31497]" widgetType="movies" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbygenre&amp;unwatched=True&amp;type=movie&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpertvshowsrandomgenre" label="$LOCALIZE[31498]" widgetType="tvshows" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbygenre&amp;unwatched=True&amp;type=tvshow&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpernextepisodes" label="$LOCALIZE[31499]" widgetType="episodes" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    </node>
</widget-groupings>

Then in my widget template code I extract the widget property and pass it to the include code that displays the widget like so:-

xml:
<other include="widgets">
    <property name="widget" tag="property" attribute="name|widget" />
    <property name="label" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetName" />
    <controls>
        <control type="group" id="16000">
            <skinshortcuts>visibility</skinshortcuts>
            <control type="group">
                <include content="HomeWidgetLandscape">
                    <param name="WidgetLabel" value="$SKINSHORTCUTS[label]" />
                    <param name="Widget" value="$SKINSHORTCUTS[widget]" />
                </include>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</other>

Now depending on the value of $PARAM[Widget] I need to choose which label to display in my Widget include:-

xml:
<include name="HomeWidgetLandscape">
    <param name="WidgetLabel" default="" />
    <param name="Widget" default="" />
    <definition>
        <control type="group">
            <!-- Default fallback label if widget isn't an Embuary Helper widget -->
            <control type="label">
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring))</visible>
                <label>$PARAM[WidgetLabel]</label>
            </control>
            <!-- Check $PARAM[Widget] to see which Embuary Helper widget it is -->
            <control type="label">
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring)) + String.IsEqual($PARAM[Widget],embuaryhelpermoviesrandomgenre)</visible>
                <label>$INFO[Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring),$LOCALIZE[31500] , $LOCALIZE[31501]]</label>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring)) + String.IsEqual($PARAM[Widget],embuaryhelpertvshowsrandomgenre)</visible>
                <label>$INFO[Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring),$LOCALIZE[31500] , $LOCALIZE[31502]]</label>
            </control>
        </control>
    </definition>
</include>

You see I have no Skin.String(foo) all I have is a text value in the includes $PARAM.

Thanks

ok.just a thought, as you use the fixed path anyway, and just differenciate between shows n movies, why just
dont use a variable visable condintion for the label.

sorry if i misunderstood.

xml:

[String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,getbygenre) + String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,type=tvshow)]
or
String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,getbygenre) + String.IsEqual(Container($PARAM[ListID]).dbtype,tvshow))
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2021-03-28, 23:03)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 13:53)roidy Wrote: Ok, this is what I'm actually trying to do.

skinshortcuts I have a set of widgets defined

xml:
<widget-groupings>
    <!-- Embuary Helper Widgets -->
    <node label="$LOCALIZE[31496]" icon="DefaultFolder.png">
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpermoviesrandomgenre" label="$LOCALIZE[31497]" widgetType="movies" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbygenre&amp;unwatched=True&amp;type=movie&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpertvshowsrandomgenre" label="$LOCALIZE[31498]" widgetType="tvshows" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getbygenre&amp;unwatched=True&amp;type=tvshow&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    <shortcut widget="embuaryhelpernextepisodes" label="$LOCALIZE[31499]" widgetType="episodes" widgetTarget="video" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + System.HasAddon(script.embuary.helper)">plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</shortcut>
    </node>
</widget-groupings>

Then in my widget template code I extract the widget property and pass it to the include code that displays the widget like so:-

xml:
<other include="widgets">
    <property name="widget" tag="property" attribute="name|widget" />
    <property name="label" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetName" />
    <controls>
        <control type="group" id="16000">
            <skinshortcuts>visibility</skinshortcuts>
            <control type="group">
                <include content="HomeWidgetLandscape">
                    <param name="WidgetLabel" value="$SKINSHORTCUTS[label]" />
                    <param name="Widget" value="$SKINSHORTCUTS[widget]" />
                </include>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</other>

Now depending on the value of $PARAM[Widget] I need to choose which label to display in my Widget include:-

xml:
<include name="HomeWidgetLandscape">
    <param name="WidgetLabel" default="" />
    <param name="Widget" default="" />
    <definition>
        <control type="group">
            <!-- Default fallback label if widget isn't an Embuary Helper widget -->
            <control type="label">
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring))</visible>
                <label>$PARAM[WidgetLabel]</label>
            </control>
            <!-- Check $PARAM[Widget] to see which Embuary Helper widget it is -->
            <control type="label">
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring)) + String.IsEqual($PARAM[Widget],embuaryhelpermoviesrandomgenre)</visible>
                <label>$INFO[Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring),$LOCALIZE[31500] , $LOCALIZE[31501]]</label>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring)) + String.IsEqual($PARAM[Widget],embuaryhelpertvshowsrandomgenre)</visible>
                <label>$INFO[Container($PARAM[ListID]).ListItem.Property(searchstring),$LOCALIZE[31500] , $LOCALIZE[31502]]</label>
            </control>
        </control>
    </definition>
</include>

You see I have no Skin.String(foo) all I have is a text value in the includes $PARAM.

Thanks

ok.just a thought, as you use the fixed path anyway, and just differenciate between shows n movies, why just
dont use a variable visable condintion for the label.

sorry if i misunderstood.

xml:

[String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,getbygenre) + String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,type=tvshow)]
or
String.Contains(Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath,getbygenre) + String.IsEqual(Container($PARAM[ListID]).dbtype,tvshow))

I actually tried that but Container($PARAM[ListID]).Folderpath on an Embuary filled widget item doesn't return the plugin path it returns nothing.

Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
String compare using an includes $PARAM0